What's new

Hudson Hawk 15th Anniversary Edition Announced for 7/25 (1 Viewer)

John*P

Second Unit
Anyone have any info on this? Is it gone for good?

I think I'm just gonna go ahead and pick up the older version that is available in the $5.50 bin at Wal-Mart...I really want that commentary, anyhow...

John*P

Second Unit
OK, I e-mailed Sony this morning and they told me that the title has been released and IS currently available. (with the audio commentary from the first release intact) I wasn't aware of this, because noone on message boards really mentioned that it was finally released, and I can't seem to find any reviews for the DVD online. Also, Amazon doesn't seem to be selling any copies directly right now, but DDD has it available for $15.41. I've never seen it in any stores, BTW...

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Dvdpricesearch.com only finds 3 shops to compare prices with (DVD Pacific, Amazon and DVD Boxoffice), and when you go to either of those sites you'll find that they don't have it available. DDD lists it, as you say, but they don't have any specs which is unusual for a released title and certainly indicates they never carried it either.

If Sony have really released this DVD they sure don't seem to want anybody to know about it.

John*P

Second Unit

Ha! I was really expecting them to tell me it was indefinitely pulled from the schedule, or cancelled altogether. This is the response they sent me...

"Hudson Hawk 15th Anniversary Edition was released as scheduled and can
be purchased at Amazon.com as well as other fine retailers. The audio
commentary is included in the anniversary edition."

Whatever...I'm going to Wal-Mart in a few hours and will probably just pick up the $5.50 edition. This situation is too fishy...

John Gido

Second Unit

I think I'll just wait and see if anyone received a copy through an on-line order or at a B/M shop.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
FWIW, the German Anniversary Edition was released as scheduled.

Obviously this won't do you much good, but it illustrates that whatever the problem is, it's not a world-wide phenomenon.

Also note that the current release being sold in bargain bins may be fullscreen. I know that Sony downgraded a few former WS/FF dual releases to FF only, and this may have been one of them.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I just checked amazon.ca and they have this listed as available and shipping in 4-7 weeks. I had to hunt through the listing of the old DVD to find it, though. Here's the cover art:

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
If they put this out on Blu-Ray with all the extras and at a reasonable price, I'll be happy to replace my old disc.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I haven't seen one yet. They may be testing the waters with this SD release, given the "cult" status of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks