1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HTPC Software..

Discussion in 'Computers' started by JustinCam, May 8, 2003.

1. JustinCam

JustinCam Member

Hello all,

I'm wondering what software everyone is using in their HTPC, DVD player, Video Player, Music, what do you find works best and has the best display for a HTPC system..

So if you could share your experiences it would be great, thanks.

Currently I'm using myHTPC, but I'm having a few problems w/ the Remote Wonder integration.

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Well-Known Member

I use theatertek. Posted a review here a few months back.

I don't use any of the commercial "remote" solutions- just bought an IR keyboard, taught the keys to pronto, and have had zero problems.

-Vince

3. JustinCam

JustinCam Member

I love my remote wonder.. simply because it's RF.. my HTPC is located in the 'equipment' room.. so I don't have the noise from the PC.. if I went to an IR solution I would have to run a lead with a receiver..

As far as myHTPC I give this program [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] it works excellent.. I got my local IPG up and running along side with local weather, music, etc. the features seem to be endless, navigation is simple, and the display is excellent. It's really a great htpc program solution.. definatly worth a look IMO.. http://www.myhtpc.net

regards,
    Justin