What's new

HTIB that's just as good musically? (1 Viewer)

ninjatanzen

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
I've looked on amazon and seen a decent amount of Yamaha and Onkyo 5.1 setups. With Onkyo I keep reading that they have hdmi problems. With Yamaha I'm worried it won't do well with music. Also, I'm not the biggest on rap but when it's played I want a sub that has the power to shake the room. Do these HTIB systems cover these areas well enough?
Budget is around $700.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Onkyo and Yamaha will be better than most other HTiB systems out there. Onkyo gets some grief for defective merchandise, but they sell a boatload of products. Just by the numbers they're going to have some complaints.
Any HTiB wouldn't fit my definition of room shaking bass. But you're in a price range that limits that anyway. A decent sub is going to start around $300 by itself. If you are looking for a quality audio system then I think you should start with separates and build up. Maybe start 2.0 or 2.1 and go from there.
I have no idea why you say you're worried about Yamaha musically. They make excellent products and certainly are as musically capable as any of the other primary consumer grade manufacturers (Onkyo, Yamha, Denon, Harman/Kardon, Pioneer, Marantz).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks