What's new

HTF Warner Tv/Animation Chat 9/15/08 - summary - to be updated live (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
with the change they are planning for LT, i was wondering if there were any plans for a complete T&J set, the HB, GD, and CJ, all in two sets? possibly BD set of all?? unfortunatly work sometimes gets in the way and couldnt make this years chat

DALLAS Guy

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Dave, thanks for that great DALLAS Season 10 news of the release date of January 13, 2009.

It states that the 29 episodes of DALLAS Season 10 will be on 3 double-sided DVDs. WHV are putting FIVE episodes on each side of the discs?? Won't the picture quality be very inferior to previous DALLAS seasons where Seasons 1 - 8 had 3 episodes on each side per disc, and S9 had 4 episodes on each side per disc, but S10 will have 5 episodes on each side per disc??

DALLAS Season 10 already has an inferior picture quality because in 1986 and onwards TV shows were transfered from 35mm film to video tape which resulted in a significant loss in resolution.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

You're welcome for the news; I just updated that post with a small pic of the box art.

As far as why are they stuffing so many eps onto so few discs (and APPARENTLY - not sure if this is accurate yet - doing away with extras) with this release, I'm sure it all comes down to budget. On the other hand, if video quality was already "inferior" as you describe, maybe they figured that doing this on more discs wouldn't affect the video quality, and that 3 double-sided discs is all they would need after all.

Wezzo

Second Unit
Thanks for the news on The Waltons, Dave - as you know, I've been awaiting that announcement. Nice there's going to be a bonus featurette too.

DennisPCJr

Agent
That third person asking about Animaniacs 4 was asking what the deal was but he answered it still the same with "no plans". That was my question as well. Was it due to low sales on the other volumes or some other issue.

monks19

Auditioning
Real Name
Michel Rivest
hi, does anybody knows what will happen to the looney tunes, popeye and MGM cartoons collections that warner began to release ? i know that for the looney tunes stoped the "gold collection" to find another selling approach to continue later (":angry: thanks" to the recession) but what about the popeye collection ? any news ?

thanks to answer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks