What's new

HTF Warner TV & Animation Chat 6/06/06 - The Questions asked... (1 Viewer)

Daniel-C

Stunt Coordinator
When I was at the chat, and when Warner said that both the animated and live-action versions of Shazam have "mastering issues."

What exactly is "mastering issues"?

Anyway great chat, and I hope we have one with Paramount.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

I assume they're talking about issues of finding good source material from which to master the DVD. More than likely the original elements are either extremely hard time find or are in such poor condition that it would be cost prohibitive to do a full restoration.

edit: corrected spelling

tim cat

Agent
So we Night Court fans can kiss off any chance of seeing a season 2 release? Looks like Warner maybe leaning towards releasing more of those goofy "Best Of Night Court" dvd's. Oh well watered down Night Court I guess is better than no new Night Court releases at all. Geez!

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

That tells us why the source material was screwy but it doesn't explain why it wasn't corrected when making the DVD masters. Making the audio synch with the picture is a very basic, simple thing.

Sarah K.

Auditioning
Seems I missed the boat again on this chat...any idea when the next chat with a Warner Exec will be? I would really love to ask the powers that be at Warner Bros about Homefront and if they are considering it or not...if I miss the next one could another fan of Homefront ask about it? Let me know!
Thanks!
Happy Homefronting!
Sarah K.

LCD22

Screenwriter

Sarah K., Warner Bros. brought up having another chat near the end of this year, but it won't be with their Television/Animation departments. Maybe will see another one with them in 2007? I'm really curious myself what their response on "Homefront" is. I wasn't able to ask them about "Homefront" on 6/6.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks