What's new

HTF Warner TV & Animation Chat 6/06/06 - The Questions asked... (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Conrad, the second release is actually quite worthwhile as it's produced by Steve Stanchfield of Thunderbean Animation and his releases are always top quality. It's got some worthwhile extras and of all the cheapie public domain discs, his definitely boasts the best quality. All sourced prints are of high quality and remastered, albeit obviously not to the level of the Warner restorations.

But there's only the 7 public domain shorts and 3 two-reelers. The same and only cartoons that have been in circulation for the past few decades.

So as mentioned Ron, the theatrical Popeyes have never seen a legitemate and authorized home video release before.

But I do want to stress that any DVD to come from Steve Stanchfield of Thunderbean Animation is most certainly worthwhile! His series of 'Golden Age Of Animation' discs are terrific and boast some great cartoons and rarities!

For a couple of months prior to this recent announcement, his Popeye disc was really the only worthwhile one around. Thankfully, this will soon change!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
More power to 'em, but I don't need a 22-minute sitcom in HD...especially if it means double-dipping over 10 seasons.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I just want to pop in to say "Thank you" for both WHV for participating and Ron & Parker for hosting. Some really exciting news about classic animation came out of the chat and I look forward to adding more Looney Tunes et al to my collection (hopefully with those WW2 era cartoons at some point).

Here's hoping that WHV realizes that the great majority of the membership is truly appreciative of the effort they make to interact with their consumers and solicit feedback.

Steve

RobertM.Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
I was really hopeing to read something about the release of Space Ghost: Coast to Coast Vol. 4 last night. the best episodes of the show are just waiting to be seen on DVD. they could make it a 3 disk and fit all the episodes that are left with ease.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
[Looks like the WB is set to become the King of the Abandoned Series/QUOTE]

I disagree. Universal holds that honor; they flooded the market with many different series and dropped many of them because consumers couldn't support all of them. Their quality control issues didn't help either.

Warners has released multiple seasons of sets that have sold well. Sets that don't sell well or have cost prohibitive rights issues don't get continued. I really can't blame them. Common business sense dictates that they release product that will sell and be profitable and change strategy on those that doesn't. If a consumer is passionate about a particular show, they need to get the word out, drum up support for it, and put their money where their mouth is and buy the releases.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter

Several cartoons were not in progressive mode, and had the fields out of order to boot. In other words, interlacing problems.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I want to thank Warner Bros./HTF for setting up this second chat, but wasn't able to Tuesday night. I'm also very appreciative that they are doing disc replacements for both "Looney Tunes" and "Tom & Jerry". I wanted to comment on this, but couldn't. They also said their evaluating some of their 80s sitcoms... I hope you are considering releasing "Valerie"/"Valerie's Family"/"The Hogan Family". It's one of my favorites and Jason Bateman and "Arrested Development" has gotten lot of praise, so if anything I hope that helps you to release this sitcom in season sets. There was one series that I was going to ask, and I was disappointed it wasn't brought up "Homefront". I hope Warner Bros. looks into this series for a possible release. I'm a big fan of Kyle Chandler, and it's been awhile since I've seen this series (it's currently on a channel I don't get along with "China Beach”). "Time Trax", I asked this last year, though someone did bring it up Tuesday. You really should consider bringing this to DVD. It's hasn't been aired in years, and Harve Bennett, who was the creator of the series, has a very strong connection to "Star Trek". Thanks to Warner Bros., Ron, Parker, for an enjoyable evening.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

Nope. The clip was from the Comuter-Colorized Looney Tunes from the 1990's (this particular one was colorized but never aired on televsion)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Steve...O said:

well, the difference with Warner and Universal is that the shows Universal abandons are lesser known shows in the long run, shows that fans were happy to even see on DVD. For example, I'm not holding my breath for a second season set of Gimme A Break, but I was still very happy to get season 1 considering it's slipped into obscurity over the past 15 years and is rarely shown in syndication. On the other hand, Warner seems to be dropping the ball and abandoning "big" shows, shows like Without A Trace, Growing Pains, Night Court, Murphy Brown and the sort, shows that Fox or Sony would be pleased with. I have to agree, Warner is the worst with abandoning shows. Universal seems to find themselves abandoning shows too, but at the same time, they do seem to pull a lot more out than Warner does.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
I don't understand why more questions weren't asked about Everwood :angry: What's wrong with people that they have to pester someone about a show. What part of "there are no plans" don't they understand. If the show was that important they could have DVDR recorded them themselves. Sheesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks