What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Young Guns" Special Edition (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Ok, my original reply was in error. It IS a WS transfer, but what threw me is the fact that my DVD player (Panasonic RP-82) somehow defaulted to "zooming in" on the disc, and thus my usual method of letting the TV handle the letterboxing, did not work as expected, and as it always has in the past. I've never noticed this behavior before on any other disc.

To all who saw the original reply before this edit, I apologize for having posted erroneous info.

I was wrong, and am humbled. :)

I agree, it is great to have it in anamorphic finally!

Bob

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
quote...
"What chicken?"

It's an in-joke from the film, at one point the boys get plastered from drinking paodi(sp) with Chevez and dirty Steve is asking his horse about a giant chicken he saw. :)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Is it just me that have problems seeing the pictures in the review?
=====================================

Try using WebTv! Most of the time I can't get one of Ron's reviews to load at all. I usually have to wait until the middle of the night and pray real hard to even read one and I love his reviews.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Steve,

nice to meet a fellow Webtv user. :) That's strange that you say that Steve, I can usually always bring up Ron's reviews, even during the day as long as traffic isn't TOO busy. I can also see the screenshots as well.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
For those of you who have bought YG, What did you think of the sound on this one?

Thanks!

Brad M

Second Unit
I thought it was a bit front heavy. Not much action in the rear channel. I was watching it in DD5.1. It'd call it a bit flat. Still, I enjoy the film and am glad they upgraded it a bit for this release.

I'm a big fan of having as many chapters as possible. On the first release of Young Guns we had 36. On this new release we have 24. I also really enjoyed the Real Billy The Kid Documentary. I'd love to see a Young Guns 2 Special Edition with a documentary about Brushy Bill Roberts.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Damn Columbia House. They just mailed my copy today. I will not order new releases from them again. I had to buy 2 in able to fulfill my membership, this was one of them.

Peace Out~:D

TimmyT

Auditioning
Ron-P, Columbia House is not known for speed on new releases, however they do have benefits of good deals most of the time, if you can wait to not have the dvd the day it's put on the shelf.

Back to the YG SE DVD, did anyone else get the rebate? My copy had a rebate for $5.00 as long as you bought a dvd specified on the rebate within the time, so I picked up Speed Racker Limited Edition, since I've been wanting both of them.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Sat down yesterday to watch this one. I must say I thought the sound on this one was pretty good. For a late 80's film, they did a pretty good job remixing the track for 5.1.
The sound of the gunshots I thought were done well.
With this viewing, It's the first time I have seen it in widescreen so it was like watching it for the first time.

I thought Emileo was awesome as Billy the Kid.

Definately a guilty pleasure for me! :emoji_thumbsup:

Out!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks