What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: X2: X-Men United w/ Screenshots!! (VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) (1 Viewer)

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Man, I won't have access to my HT again until Christmas, but I know exactly what I'll be watching when I do: The Two Towers and X2. I can't freakin' wait! :D

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
So who else finds it quite frustrating that these discs are out and about ripe for reviews but still won't be released for another frickin two months!

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Adam,

Now *that's* an audio review! Whew! (wiping the sweat from my brow as I eagerly anticipate playing that DTS track in my living room).

You've definitley got the batton and are running now. Dag-nabbit...it's going to be hard to compete with my next review! ;)

:D :D :D

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
You've definitley got the batton and are running now. Dag-nabbit...it's going to be hard to compete with my next review!
Well no need to rush now, David. Let me sit atop the mountain for a few days. :) Don't worry, you will surely pull ahead when I start hosting your screenshots. Just think, you will have the color coordination, your expansive DVD and film knowledge, your excellent writing skills, AND screenshots!!! I wont stand a chance. (hmmmm, maybe I shouldn't host your screenshots.....hmmmmmm) You will have two better gimmicks than me; color coordination and 10 times better writing. Oh well, 2nd place isn't so bad I guess. :)

I am kidding of course. Everyone has their different review styles, and I like everyones style.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
:b

(DaViD)
*Your* reviews are better.
(Adam)
No *yours*.
(DaViD)
No *yours*.
(Adam)
No *yours*.

guess we'll just have to agree to disagree! :D

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Well the audio edit made this DVD jump from "Must Purchase" to "I Can't Stand the Wait Anymore, Dammit!"

Oh, and you both suck at reviews...

...j/k.:D

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
A jaw-dropping review to go along with a jaw-dropping film :D:emoji_thumbsup: CAN'T FARKIN' WAIT!!!

I just can see it now: David and Adam sitting around constantly going "You da man!" "No, YOU da man!" :D:D

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Adam,

Just wondering, how much does that SVS B4 Plus weigh? It looks like an absolute behemoth(and I know it plays like one too). I have a 20-39 PC Plus, but I'm seriously thinking about the B4 Plus just so I can have the best sub on the planet. Gotta love SVS!

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
Just wondering, how much does that SVS B4 Plus weigh?
Brent, the SVS B4-Plus is one monster of a sub. It wieghs in at over 200 lbs! Trying moving it.... its a B!tch! But, it also server as a nice wrecking ball when you want to tear your house down too! :)

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Man, that's another hell of a review. I really dug the movie in theaters, and it's good to see it's getting such a stellar DVD. Bring on X-Men 3!

Adam_Reiter

Second Unit
Format changed to allow scaling of text. Sorry about that folks! I had the format locked down to two screen shots wide, and didn't realize it took away the ability of the text to scale depending on your screen size. I will use the new format from now on.

Thanx.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
It's no wonder MS Word kept changing it to allot - that damned program thinks it's smarter than any human...
Something Carlo touches on here is the fact that MS Word in it's base usage can be quite iffy as your proofreader. You could perhaps modify the dictionary or do your own post-writing searches on any key "trouble" phrases. You would compile this list of words/phrases as they are caught by you or others...ie, alot would go on your list.

So this post search might look for things like "their/there", not to correct but just to ask you one last time "you keep using this word but I do not think you understand what it means" ;)

In both programming and writing I've found that content is about 90% of the substance and about 20% of the work. The rest is the troubleshooting. And yet that troubleshooting can make or break your substance no matter how good it is.

Anyway, very throrough review. I just can't get over how great these FOX SEs can be. X2 sounds loaded to the gills. Between just it and TTT:EE it will take all of Christmas break to cover them completely. Not really a "bad" problem though. :D

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
You guys are waiting until Christmas to watch these? I'm sure I'll be watchign the extras for the fourth time by Christmas break. Is that bad of me? :)

Anyway, for those of you who missed it in the theaters, did you realize you were missing a science fiction film on par with Star Trek II in characterization, ensemble acting, directing and score?

As far as X-3, they will have a hard time topping this film for the shear joy of each character's onscreen realization, with the exception of Storm, who will most likely will not even appear in the next film :frowning:

Also, Brian has indicated that the three characters he will need for the third film are xavier, woly, and beast, but the computer in Stryker's office had everyone on it from files on the snetinel's to omega red, so who knows who the villain will be.

Also, on the disc, from the screencaps and in-depth review, I am confident that Alan is right and all the other reviewers were just not sophisticated enough to appreciate the quality of this release :)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I'm still pissed us R1 folks have to wait until the end of November. I feel like I could be enjoying this movie now or atleast within the next few weeks but that won't be the case.

NOVEMBER 25TH, damn that seems like an eternity! :angry:

Simply ridiculous

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
Hello,

I got one question a bit off-topic.

Is the 2nd disc (bonus feats.) the same for WS and FS edition? i have daredevil FS, and I wonder if the extras is FS or is the exact same as the WS edtion's 2nd disc.

thnx.

Mark _Tao_Pilot

Auditioning
Did anyone notice how similar the ending of X-Men 2 was to Star Trek 2? The character who dies reads off the monologue that the star usually says, meanwhile showing a scene which implies that the character may not be dead. The music from that scene also sounded very similar to the scene from ST 2.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Mark, I think everyone noticed that. You'll also notice that in both cases what the dead character is saying, even though it's a repeat from earlier, now has a double meaning. In ST2 it's referencing the Genesis planet, and in this case Jean's talking about "evolution leaps forward" can indicate Phoenix is even more of a leap than the current mutants.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks