What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Winged Migration: Special Edition (1 Viewer)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I know this is a real anal kind of a question but it will help me understand which types of things are glitches due to a scratch or a bad disc or if its just part of the film. At 57:26 when the massive flock of birds flies from left to right on the screen, the edge of the flock appears to jump as if a frame or two were missing. Is this noticeable to anyone else?
If so it would obviously prove this is not a dvd related glitch, but I would also like to know if skipping frames is a way a player can deal with bad data and if it is ever noticeable in the fashion I have described above.
The movie itself was really a marvel to watch. The DVD quality is good but at some times a bit grainy which makes me wonder if the compromised picture quality to accomodate bonus material.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I just wanted to pop in here to give my 2¢.... I found this movie to be mesmerizing... even though I only watched it on my parent's 27" TV.

This would make for a great IMAX film... if the PQ is good enough.

EdR

Second Unit
My second viewing of this was in an IMAX theater and it was a tad disappointing (the film itself is amazing in any format), the biggest problem is that they didn't stabilize the frame jitter, so the entire film was subtly vibrating. My first viewing was in a small independent theater, and despite the smaller screen the movie was more enjoyable.

I was happy to see that the DVD is stable, no jitter at all, so in many ways it's more enjoyable than the IMAX print.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks