What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Wallace & Gromit in Three Amazing Adventures (1 Viewer)

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
And on the BBC/WHV version, you can still hear the correct music as background on the commentary track - even though it has been replaced on the main soundtrack. ;)

RyanWM

Auditioning

I sent an e-mail to Aardman Animations, the folks behind Wallace and Gromit, to see if they could clear any light on the subject, but they sent back a form letter saying they get so many letters about their animated films and how they are done that they can't answer each one personally. Looks like this will remain a mystery!

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up the Dreamworks version. I am glad to have my Happy Birthday LDs!

(Actually, I have the one shown earlier, too!)

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
I don't understand why Dreamworks couldn't deal with the music rights--is it beyond all possible expense lately? Thank goodness I have the CBS/Fox disc!!!!!

Sten F

Second Unit

Does the new R2UK have the commentaries? And would you kindly add a URL to where on could get this?

Thanks.

UPDATE! Never mind I found it.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Is 'Cracking Contraptions' a recent production and can anyone please explain exactly what this is?

Also, how is the transfer and image quality itself as compared to the Warner Bros. release? With the exception of the 'Cracking Contraptions' and the improved cover art, is there any reason to buy this new disc over the old WB issue?

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
the cracking contraptions are new, there are about 10 of them done for the BBC as 'tune-ups' for the new (now-out) movie for the animators. they were all released online, and (iirc) on a UK-only dvd release.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Alex, I guess I don't care that much about them than. I'll stick with the Warner Bros. release preserving the original presentation of all the films along with the recorded commentary tracks.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
There must be someone at HTF with connections to get a definitive answer about the music from Aardman Animations. Perhaps there will be corrected versions available on a Deluxe DVD of the the Wererabbit DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks