What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Timeline (1 Viewer)

George See

Second Unit

I'm gonna hold off until my local video store offers to pay me $20.00 to buy this one. Seriously this is one of the biggest disapointments of my movie watching exsistance...had my hopes really high for this one, loved the book. And i'm more then capable of seperating book from movie and usually I can enjoy these adaptations just for the movie but not this one. As a stand alone movie this was poor, as a book adaptation this was awfull. And I love a good brainless action film as much as the next guy but even on that level I didn't enjoy this one, i'd rather watch First Knight or that Heath Ledger Jousting movie over this for mindless medievil action.
I can only hope that someday someone remakes this one so it gets a chance to be the good movie it could have been.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor

Billy Connelly, yep he wasn't very good, but it was the script which was the culprit, it was AWFUL!!!

Donner talks about verisimilitude in the documentary, but I don't think he had the grounds to apply it from such a medicore script; abysmal. :thumbsdown: Donner hasn't directed a good film in a loooong time, he needs better material.

The documentary on the DVD is very good, really enjoyed it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Andy_MT

Second Unit
weak film, weak transfer. paramount - not impressed on either count. and there's nadda excuse for the transfer. why so soft ? where'd all the detail go ? i don't like spending $$$$$ on a sloppy film, but i draw the line at a sloppy dvd. please see warner for further guidance.

Sean Scott

Auditioning
Thankfully I didnt buy this DVD. My friend got hooked up with it and I thought it would end up been a good movie despite the review but so wrong was I..........This is a waste of time! This movie looks so cheap, stupid,and worthless. It has a feel (I don't know if anyone agrees) that it was made for television broadcasting, I think the way it was shot it didnt have that film look to it. My attention went somewhere else half way thru the movie didn't care what happened to any of them.

NOT RECOMMENDED! :thumbsdown: Bad Paramount!

Jerry Thomas

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine rented this even after I told him about some of the aweful reviews, and I was like "OH GREAT!" I really had no desire to see it.

I tell ya, after watching it, I was reminded that I should never listen to reviews. I thought this was a fun Saturday afternoon flick with some good action, a nice story, and a very entertaining hour & change from beggining to end. I still have no plans to purchase the DVD, but owning it isn't out of the question. This DVD is more than worthy of a rental IMO. :)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I saw this last night and here are my thoughts:

This is one awful mess of a film(if you call it that). Not even worth a rental. :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

The terrible transfer didn't help either. No detail whatsoever. I guess I was asking for too much from Paramount here but then again it wasn't a box office success either.

Don't waste your time or money.

Aaron Gould

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Gould
I will sit my way through just about anything. Timeline is one of two movies I've ever turned off half way through (Christmas Vacation 2 is the other).

Paul Walker was just unbelievable (in a bad way)!

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I had to rent this one just to see if it was as bad as the book. While the book was a typically banal Michael Crichton screenplay-in-waiting, I thought that the underlying idea and historical setting might translate well to the big screen. Well, the story is still a mess and the actors are all pretty lousy (and that's being generous). The movie was just flat-out bad. But here's the rub, I still had fun watching it and not just in an MST3K kind of way. I don't know why but while I was sitting there grimacing at the actors' pitiful work I was still enjoying the show.

Of course, I also feel strongly that "The 13th Warrior" is one of the best action flicks in recent years so maybe I'm just a sucker for critically-panned Michael Crichton fests. I think I need professional help.:b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks