What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Simpsons The Complete Fourth Season (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Hit "forward" on the chapter skip button and you'll bypass the animation...

(And thanks for the nice comments, Scott!)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

It even tells you in the booklet what to do to avoid lengthy transitions.

On Page 1 (in the "Icon Key" section) it relates:

"To skip animated menu transitions press 'NEXT' button on remote."

I like the fact that the disc-makers themselves are telling a viewer how to bypass unwanted material. It's still there for those who wish to wait around & see it; but there's also a way to get around it quickly. Good job FOX. :)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

It even tells you in the booklet what to do to avoid lengthy transitions.

On Page 1 (in the "Icon Key" section) it relates:

"To skip animated menu transitions press 'NEXT' button on remote."

I like the fact that the disc-makers themselves are telling a viewer how to bypass unwanted material. It's still there for those who wish to wait around & see it; but there's also a way to get around it quickly. Good job FOX. :)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Which coincides with a comment made on one of the commentaries on the first disc, which indicates the commentaries were filmed in the February timeframe. One of the participants mentioned the Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore episode, "airing this Sunday." According to the SNPP, that one originally aired 2/15/04.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Which coincides with a comment made on one of the commentaries on the first disc, which indicates the commentaries were filmed in the February timeframe. One of the participants mentioned the Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore episode, "airing this Sunday." According to the SNPP, that one originally aired 2/15/04.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
The commentaries for season 5 may well be done quicker because David Mirkin, the showrunner for seasons 5 and 6, is no longer full-time on the show (he's a consultant). So unlike Al Jean, he might have more time to do commentaries.

Other writers who contributed scripts in season 5 included Conan O'Brien, Greg Daniels (co-creator of King of the Hill), Jace Richdale (The Oblongs) and a few others we've heard from on previous tracks.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
The commentaries for season 5 may well be done quicker because David Mirkin, the showrunner for seasons 5 and 6, is no longer full-time on the show (he's a consultant). So unlike Al Jean, he might have more time to do commentaries.

Other writers who contributed scripts in season 5 included Conan O'Brien, Greg Daniels (co-creator of King of the Hill), Jace Richdale (The Oblongs) and a few others we've heard from on previous tracks.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Is Al Jean and Mike Reiss going to be involved in the commentaries for the seasons that they were away for.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Is Al Jean and Mike Reiss going to be involved in the commentaries for the seasons that they were away for.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan

What shocked me about this release is that it WASN'T delayed like the others were, so maybe they're on pace to get two seasons a year in now. Maybe we'll live to see them all on DVD after all.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan

What shocked me about this release is that it WASN'T delayed like the others were, so maybe they're on pace to get two seasons a year in now. Maybe we'll live to see them all on DVD after all.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
This was a ok season - the next one, season 5 is probally my favorite.

Itll be nice to see "Rosebud" complete again.

"Aug. 24th can't come quick enough!"

Scott, what happnes on this date?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
This was a ok season - the next one, season 5 is probally my favorite.

Itll be nice to see "Rosebud" complete again.

"Aug. 24th can't come quick enough!"

Scott, what happnes on this date?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Been waiting desparately for that. I think it is probably the most severely butchered episode in syndication.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Been waiting desparately for that. I think it is probably the most severely butchered episode in syndication.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
As was said, the commentaries might be done quicker now that we're in the seasons where Al Jean wasn't the show runner, and the people that did run the show aren't working as closely on it now, so they probably have more time to do the tracks. I'm hoping that season 5 hits shelves before Jan, 1 but I don't know.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
As was said, the commentaries might be done quicker now that we're in the seasons where Al Jean wasn't the show runner, and the people that did run the show aren't working as closely on it now, so they probably have more time to do the tracks. I'm hoping that season 5 hits shelves before Jan, 1 but I don't know.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I guess it depends on if he is going to participate in commentaries even though he was away for a few seasons. It would be great to get these out faster, but I do think Jean is pretty good in the commentaries though. He seems to provide the most serious information. His capacity to do that for the seasons he was not there for would be diminshed somewhat but he does also provide some pretty humorous observations as well.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I guess it depends on if he is going to participate in commentaries even though he was away for a few seasons. It would be great to get these out faster, but I do think Jean is pretty good in the commentaries though. He seems to provide the most serious information. His capacity to do that for the seasons he was not there for would be diminshed somewhat but he does also provide some pretty humorous observations as well.

MarkHughes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hughes

It os truly my pleasure. I have been lucky enough to receive advances for seasons 2 through 4 for review (thanks to FOX)... and this time, I was lucky enough to have Ron allow me to post it. (thanks to Ron!) Would love to do it again if the opportunity allows!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks