What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Simpsons Season Six (1 Viewer)

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave

Yes, this is true. But I think the packaging has thrown everyone for a loop. The content of the actual episodes goes without saying, really. This is a classic series and even the "worse episode ever" of the Simpsons is better than most of the crap on TV.

I would like to hear what everyone thinks of the alternative packaging and the bookets, discs, etc since I have not viewed anything yet.

NeilK

Stunt Coordinator
Another non content question...

I sent in the 4.95$ for Canadian shipping, but now I'm wondering if they perhaps wanted it in US funds. Could it possibly cost more for the foreign shipping, or is that the exchange rate? I don't want to wait a month to find out.

Any thoughts...

JamesED

Second Unit
All this commotion over the Homer head, it makes the other boxes seem perfect. I forgot for a moment that I wish the previous 5 sets were done like Futurama. Nice art inside and out, but slim packs with episode guides on the back.
It really makes you appreciate 1-5.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
As others have said, the content is what you expect the content to be, you know what you're getting. The commentaries are great, I love John Lovitz and his attacks of Mike and Al.

The packaging...well it sucks or in the words of comic book guy: "Worst Simpsons Box, Ever!"

Thanks for posting the audio of Homer, it was pretty funny.
How'd you like to be the guy that had to ask Dan Castelaneta to come in and record that message?

MarkHughes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hughes
OK... its been more than a month... anyone get the new box that wants to lose the old one? As I said, my puppy ate mine (along with my Tarzan collectors edition disc... damn! why does he always get the good stuff... couldn't have eaten my Ishtar!?!) anyway, anyone got the old box they want to kick my way e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks!

tripp

Auditioning
Mark - I received mine about two - three weeks ago.

Have you received yours?

I do know one thing, I feel a little bit ripped off by the box I bought. Not much to it, and it took FOREVER to get here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks