What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Muppet Show - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Hi, Matt--! Yes, I was given that album. Julie Andrews loves the old English beer hall songs; she basically got her start singing those types of songs as a child. That's probably why "Bertie" was such a highlight of "Star!", probably the best number in there.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
I've been enjoying the set. I do miss the trivia tracks, however.

I'd like to ask the Disney marketing folks why they'd think that it would never occur to someone buying The Muppet Show - Season Two that the previous season just might also be available. I'd think that this forced ad has resulted in ZERO sales that wouldn't have occurred anyway.

alphanguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
I always wondered how Disney got a hold of this property. Didn't it originally belong to ITC, and since it was... why isn't it owned by Carlton, like the rest of the ITC library? In the 90's... the ITC titles were held by polygram before being sold to Carlton.

Dustin James

Stunt Coordinator

Maybe ITC/Polygram/Carlton just held time-limited distribution/syndication rights.

In 2004, Disney acquired rights to all of the Muppet assets (with a few exceptions*) from the Jim Hensen Company including the characters, film and television library, and all associated copyrights and trademarks.

*The
Sesame Street characters are separately owned by the Seasame Workshop; and HIT Entertainment has a five year distribution agreement for such properties as Fraggle Rock, Mother Goose Stories and Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas.

A little more info from the archives at the Muppet Central site:
http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/021704.shtml
http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/040104.shtml

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
Matt I would like to add a couple of other outstanding performances; Cleo Laine song about the wife grieving over her dying husband (with the guest puppeteer Bruce Schawtz using is own brand of Marionettes), and Teresa Brewing singing "Cotton Fields" both are excellent

Also season 2 is when they introduced Beaker to the cast

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member

Actually, MUPPETS TONIGHT was off the air long before Weezer began recording. "Keep Fishin'" was created in 2002. It speaks to the coolness of the video producers that they were able to pull off an amazing recreation of MUPPET SHOW era sketches and sets.

God, I'm such a nerd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks