What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: "The Love Bug" Special Edition (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I wish I had the money to get a new off-white VW just so I can put a racing stripe down the middle and a 53 on the hood!
Gary, I saw exactly that on the street in Toronto about three weeks ago. I thought it was just plain awesome.

When the new Beetle was launched, I fully expected Disney to try to restart the franchise.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Five films? I know of four:

* The Love Bug
* Herbie Rides Again
* Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo
* Herbie Goes Bananas

Anyone know what the fifth one was?

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
OK - I forgot the remake. Was it any good?
I never knew there was a TV series. How long was it on? Any good? Should we hope for a release?

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Gary, I saw exactly that on the street in Toronto about three weeks ago. I thought it was just plain awesome.
Cool! I'm surprised I haven't seen the same around the streets of Cali. I'd give anyone immense props who converts their new VW to a Herbiemobile. If I saw one in a parking lot I'd probably bow down before it. :D

And yeah Disney could start up the franchise again. Maybe have Dean Jones as the father. Heck bring'em all back!

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks for the review Ron! This was one of my favorite films as a kid and I can't wait to pick it up.

Chris S.

BillyH

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Ron,
Thanks for the great review, and all of the great reviews of the past. We'll miss you.
As far as TLB goes I remember one golden night about a dozen years ago when my wife an I were still newlyweds and she whispers in my ear something about staying up all night and having a great time. Well, all I could say was, "I'm with you Honey!" Much do may dismay she promptly plopped my butt in a car seat and off to the video store we went. She rented all four available Love Bug flicks and we stayed up all night with them. Even though it was a far cry from what I thought she had in mind, it was a blast! One of the things my swettie said was a must before I was able to put my home theater togeather was to buy a copy of this flick on DVD as well as The Sound of Music. That was all she said I needed to do from her standpoint to get her big screen blessing. Now that Herbie is coming out in glorious widescreen she might be feeling so good that she might even let me suggest how we could stay up all night and have a good time, though somehow I feel that even today, Herbie will have to come first. And maybe thats the way it should be.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I just received my copy of The Love Bug today (ordered it from BestBuy.com.

Silly question for other owners: did your copy come with any type of booklet/insert? All mine came with was a small yellow flyer advertising the "Disney on MSN Internet Service" and I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything.

greg_t

Screenwriter
No insert on mine. And if anyone is interested, it appears Walmart now has a dvd rack with Disney films in it. I got mine at Walmart for $14.44. So if anyone is wanting one still, check out your local walmart.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks