What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (1 Viewer)

Lopez

Auditioning

You make it sound like Tolkien wanted to sell the film rights. He did it for the money, but under duress. He was forced to do so to raise money to pay back taxes, and was not happy about it at the time. See 'The Sunday Times' 15-12-2002: "Lord of the rings is worth Pounds 3bn but Tolkien sold the film rights to ward off the taxman," if you don't believe me.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

I said no such thing. Perhaps you two should stick to what I actually said instead of adding your own preconceptions to it. I can't be held responsible for what you may want to read into something.

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
wow, Ricardo, calm down. You are way to argumentative.

The intent of my post was not necessarily to disagree with you, merely to let you knwo that not all viewers found the villains "silly" or whatever it is you said (i don't want to misrepesent you)

I also just felt like you were making tolkien sound like some type of money-grubbing sophist, and I wanted a bit of clarification from you. The fact is, he *was* a literary entrepeneur, we can agree on that, and I think it's great.

Please don't feel that everyone on the message board is attacking you!

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

Believe me, I don't judge my fellow forum members based on one or two disagreements.

*Edited to sound like less of an ass ;)

Tony_Ramos

Second Unit
I should have asked about your statement about tolkien before judging or appearing to judge.

I often get in trouble with my argumentative style of conversation, ppl often think I am disagreeing with them when I am really just trying to play as devil's advocate.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
[voice_Ben_Stein] So - who wants to talk about continuity errors in ROTK? Sam finding Frodo? Eyes Open - closed - open again? How about the disappearing food stains on Denethor's chin? Anyone? Anyone?

Fry?

Fry?

Fry?

Fry?

[/voice]

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
How about the two VERY different takes used during Gandalf's first meeting with Denethor? Fat McKellen, Thin McKellen. It's MAGIC! ;)

(and in case anyone thinks I'm being direspectful, Sir Ian himself commented on his slight weight gain when it came time for the ROTK pickups.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks