What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Lion King 1 1/2 (Recommended) (1 Viewer)

Luis M

Second Unit
"Most of the jokes seemed forced, and I laughed only twice during the whole thing."

Where is your sense of humor?:D

Watch it and enjoy it for what it is, If you expect a classic in the Disney sense you will not like it at all but it seemed pretty funny to me and everybody else who watched it last night thought the same thing, there were 8 adults and five kids and everybody enjoyed it very much. The animation quality exceeded all of my expectations, specially after hunchback and cinderella. Other direct sequels that had decent animation were the little mermaid, lady and the tramp, on the other hand The upcoming three musketeers movie does not look promising on the animation departament.

Remember, you can't have an argument with the wife before watching this movie, it's a comedy. It's the only direct to video Disney animated movie that I've actually liked. I think the direct to video version of The Hunchback was the worst ever overall, after the Original which is one of my favorites from Disney and That ain't funny.:emoji_thumbsup:

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Rented this tonight, image is great, audio is very very well done! Bass is solid! voices are quite real sounding, recording is top notch.
G2

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
Trivia note: This is released in region 2 as The Lion King 3. Makes me wonder if Disney think people in Europe are dumber than in the US, and therefore won't understand that it's a whole new movie...?

AlexBC

Second Unit
Hehe interesting note Gunnar. It's being labeled like that here in Brazil too, and that leads me to belive it's going be like that everywhere outside the U.S. I'm looking foward to this movie.

Well since I'm on topic with Lion King fans, I'd just like to mention that the Lion King R4 NTSC Brazilian version is actually R1 too and features the HT enhanced mix in DTS. And it's pretty cheap too.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks