What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Iron Giant - Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
All I know is this:

"you are who you choose to be..."
"Su--per--mann"

Is one of the most touching scenes in the last 10 years of moviemaking.

Heinz W

Second Unit

I was wondering about that as well. I usually won't upgrade simply for new special features, but a markedly improved transfer could push me to it. I'm a sucker for an outstanding transfer, especially of an outstanding film! :D

On second thought no, not even a new transfer will do it. HD-DVD and/or BluRay are just too close now. Not worth it since I already have it, and as I said earlier the first release sports a great transfer. Even DaVid agrees with that! ;)

PaulEB

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody else find the hidden feature? It is on the second special features menu if I recall correctly (I will double check). Highlighting one of the special features and then pressing the right arrow key highlites the glasses on the woman. Pressing enter gives you a very short animated drawing.

GeoffBr

Agent
The Behind the Armor segments are nice but it would be great to be able to watch the pieces separately, without having to rewatch the movie again to find them.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Here's the secret from my review:

"For those who don’t want to sit through the whole flick to find the branching elements, a solution exists. Go to title 19 for the first segment, and the rest follow on titles 20 through 31. On my player, I found it easy to flip from one to another."

GeoffBr

Agent
Thanks!

That'll definitely cut down on my searching time. In the future though, it'd be nice for the makers to put them as a separate menu option.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Yes, it would. Most do that - I hate it when they don't. At least the new Matrix puts the old "find the white rabbit" features on their own now...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks