What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Incredibles -- INCREDIBLY RECOMMENDED!!! (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I was hoping to hear something like...

Your clients all know the inner workings of InsureCare, they exploit every loophole, they're experts at filling out paperwork. It's...it's...inconceivable!

:laugh:

John Alderson

Supporting Actor

It's a Pioneer DV414... yeah, getting kinda old, but it's always been reliable. Other than the chroma bug that affected almost every DVD player for years, I haven't heard of any quality issues with it. Is there something I should know?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Again, David, great review. :) Finally got around to seeing this last night. I took in an early viewing of Hostage and needed something fun to see after that much intensity.

The sound is fantastic. You're right about the bass. Some of the lowest and tightest bass I've ever heard. Tight, fast, and low. That's no small feat as so many soundtracks sound bass heavy and bloated. This one moved in ways that I could feel and I LOVE that. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Now I know why it won the Academy Award for sound.

Joe Ferrari

Agent
One of the best DVD's I've purchased. It gave my SVS PC Ultra a real workout. It bottomed a few times but I like my bass on the slightly heavy side by a few db so that may have had something to do with it. I turned the volume down a few db half way into the flick so I wouldn't destroy my sub:)

Joe

PS I hate that new THX intro, it's level is WAY too hot and bludgeons my poor sub....

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
First off, thanks for the tip David. :emoji_thumbsup:

I'm not sure how 'limited' it is, here is the poster I received yesterday. I got in on the deal as soon as I saw David's post. About a month ago (after ~4 months) I got an email that gave the impression that they thought I was 8 years old and they wanted confirmation from an adult that it was OK to send the poster. :frowning:

Pretty cool poster, came rolled up in a triagular tube (I feared it would be folded). Only took approx. 5 months. Not exactly superhero type service. ;) But I'm not going to complain too much, it was free after all.

RainC

Auditioning
Congratulations on the review!!

My kids went to see this at the Movies with their grandmother. When they arrived home they were 'raving' about it. So, when it was released they had it on their 'must have' list.

After watching it with them (and again and again), I totally agreed. It is a fantastic movie.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that is an excellent poster.

i started a topic in tv and hdtv programming on the starz-hd broadcast of this and the DD-ex sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks