What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: "The Day The Earth Stood Still" (guest review by Jack Briggs) (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
A secret about the 'rosebud' of Norman Bates' mother? I surely must have missed something.

Thanks for the review Jack. You didn't convince me to buy it though. :)
Didn't have to: my DVD is in the plane.

Cees

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
There's something about the falcon statuette?! I really need to finish watching that movie!
:eek: I was going to post the exact same thing!!! :eek:

That movie has been sitting on the shelf for nearly a year, unfinished :b

Thanks for the correction Jack.

BTW, Rosebud and Norman were all encountered in the past year, so yeah, there are a few of us out there! Takes a while to get around to even the essential.

--
Holadem

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
You guys must be kidding.

How can you possibly get through half of The Maltese Falcon and stop? Isn't the suspense killing you?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
How can you possibly get through half of The Maltese Falcon and stop? Isn't the suspense killing you?
It was on PBS at like 1 am. I saw maybe the first third and taped the rest. It confused the heck out of me and I needed my sleep. Anyway, I just finished watching the whole thing. Excellent movie.:D

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'm still pissed Jack revealed that this Klattu was actually an alien! What a giveaway! Jack, use spoilers next time, what they're there for, and that was probably one of the films great reveals too! And was it really necessary to have a picture of the dvd cover on your post too, now I know what Kalttu looks like too, whats the point in buying this now?

;)

SteveP

Second Unit
Some years ago, my Dad gave me a maltese falcon who sits proudly in my ground floor window--and gets offers for his purchase!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
**SPOILERS AHOY**

As much as I love the film, wasn't it a bit rich that these alien 'police' would have happily destroyed the Earth and countless of innocent lives, if we didn't 'live in peace' and continued to 'pursue our present course'.;)

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor
I'm still pissed Jack revealed that this Klattu was actually an alien! What a giveaway! Jack, use spoilers next time, what they're there for, and that was probably one of the films great reveals too! And was it really necessary to have a picture of the dvd cover on your post too, now I know what Kalttu looks like too, whats the point in buying this now?
Aw, nevermind. :rolleyes

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Thanks, Jack, for attending to the matter.

"Live in peace or we'll blow up your world." Uhm, isn't that what we're telling Iraq?

Jan

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
jan said:
Being very careful not to reveal too much of the shocking storyline that follows,....
sure it's a different kind of movie. it is still important not to reveal the entire movie in the review.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I still can't wait to see the "smoking doctors" scene - one of the great unintentionally funny scenes in all the movies!

Steve: testy is calling for you.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
...wasn't it a bit rich that these alien 'police' would have happily destroyed the Earth and countless of innocent lives, if we didn't 'live in peace' and continued to 'pursue our present course'.
Like I've said for many a decade .....

"Walk/Speak Softly, But Carry A Big Gort!" :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Steve: testy is calling for you.
Dennis I know, I thought I'd hide here in Software away from you scary testy guys, but you found me, why why why? Where's Gort when you need him!;)

Btw did you know that at the climax of the TDTESS's original short story "Farewell to the Master" it was revealed that the robot Gort (called Gnut in the story) was the master and Klaatu was the servant, oooh!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Btw did you know that at the climax of the TDTESS's original short story "Farewell to the Master" it was revealed that the robot Gort (called Gnut in the story) was the master and Klaatu was the servant
Considering how powerful Gort is, I'm not surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks