What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Star Trek: The Next Generation" Season Two (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Britton

Screenwriter
If that's a Best Buy only extra, then why did the set I bought at Media Play have it?
It's probably because Best Buy owns Media Play and those other stores that used be owned by Musicland. If you go to Suncoast and Sam Goody, I'm sure you'll also find the sets with the bonus CD in them.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Britton: correct. It would be more exact for us to have said "Best Buy and subsidiaries of their conglomerate". ;)

Britton

Screenwriter
Does anyone know why they never brought back Suzie Plakson as Dr. Selar? I thought her a rather interesting character and they even go through the trouble of mentioning her in later episodes. Did it have something to do with her role as K'Ehleyr?

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
OK! Someone had to mention this, what’s the story behind Riker’s beard! Is this a production design or Frakes’? :D I'm serious!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know why they never brought back Suzie Plakson as Dr. Selar?
Because they brought her back as Worf's mate, K'Ehleyr, instead. :D
After that appearance was over, she got "hot" and into a TV series called "Dinosaurs" (NOT the momma!...remember that?) and after that was a major character on the Susan Dey series "Love And War" (does anyone remember THAT?...or was I the only one who enjoyed it?). Then she showed in the film Disclosure (Demi Moore, Michael Douglas).
By the time she "cooled off" again, TNG was in the 6th or 7th season and it was a forgotten thing for the producers, I'm sure. But Suzie DID Trek again, in Voyager, as a female Q in the continuum civil war episode "The Q and the Grey".

Matt_Wizall

Agent
Excellent review, Ron. I still have to pick up Season 1, though. Season 2 is interesting as there are some great Eps, but at the same time, I think THE worst episode of the series.
The Outrageous Okono
It guest stars the one and only Joe Piscopo. God help us.
I'm glad they decided to straighten up a bit after that. That is, know what to avoid.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Matt,

Okono has it's charms, I can't believe you are "A Noid"

with it.

A classic moment Guinan telling that bad joke (Your a droid and I'm a Noid) and insisting it was funny.

Wouldn't you say the last episode of season 2 was worst?

Flashback city on the operating table.

Peter

Matt_Wizall

Agent
Peter,

Good point. I probably would say the season "finale" was pretty bad, maybe more-so than Okono, but Joe Piscopo on TNG. It. Just. Doesn't. Compute.

Hmm, I guess I'd have to flip for it.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
I prefer Pulaski. The bickering between her and Pickard is great!

And why does Bev get to become head of Starfleet Medical when Pulaski seems to have more on her palmares?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully someone is still subscribed to this thread:

I finally started watching Season 2, and in the second episode, Picard awaits the destruction of the Enterprise listening to a piano peice. I have loved this peice for many years, but do not know what it is. Can anyone identify for me? Also, would anyone know where to score a good recording of the same? I'm not quite up on instrumental titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks