1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HTF REVIEW: "Speed" (Five Star Collection) (with screenshots)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 25, 2002.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Well-Known Member

yes, yes, yes! i can't wait to get this dvd! definitely adding this to my limited dvd collection...

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Well-Known Member

I'll be first in line on July 30th to pick the 2pk up. I have been waiting since November of '98 for a good version of Speed. Nearly 4 years later, it's finally happening. Now if only the 5 Star of True Lies would hurry up and be released I could die a happy man. [​IMG]

3. DanR

DanR Well-Known Member

4. Michael*K

Michael*K Well-Known Member

Damn, one of my favorite action films of all-time finally done right on DVD! I'll be in heaven on July 30th. [​IMG] What's the word on True Lies 5-Star? Still delayed?

5. Scott-C

Scott-C Well-Known Member

Last I heard True Lies was still delayed. I heard rumors it might come out later this year but I wasn't able to confirm them. Anyone have any more updated info? True Lies 5-Star would hold a place of honor in my DVD collection (...Jamie Lee doing a strip tease in anamorphic widescreen...)

6. Sean_J

Sean_J Well-Known Member

I am thinking about buy Both Speed 1 and 2; I would love to see a review of the new Speed 2 DVD.

PS> I got my dvd profiler working hehehe YEAH!

7. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Well-Known Member

Only two weeks to go for this bad boy. Have been drooling waiting for this ever since Charlie L.(sorry, cant remember how to spell the name[​IMG]) spilled the beans last year he had finished work on it. The reviews seem to show that Mr. L's high standards are still intact and FOX keeps their crown for greatest studio for DVDs. The next two weeks are going to be torture waiting for this!
    Now if only Fox and Van Ling would hurry up and give us the Five Star True Lies.
    I also want a special edition or at least anamorphic/DTS rerelease of Broken Arrow, one of my personal favorites.

8. Scott-C

9. Niko Nykanen

Niko Nykanen Well-Known Member

I received the R2UK a couple of weeks ago and saw the movie and immediately after I listened to the commentary with the writer and the producer (names escape me right now).
    I have to say it was VERY Funny, one the absolutely funniest commentarys out there!!!

10. Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger Well-Known Member

Two weeks and counting.........

Let's see....That's 14 days.....which is 336 hours...which is 20160 minutes...which is 1,209,600 seconds..

ok here we go....

11. Barry_B_B

Barry_B_B Well-Known Member

Thanks Ron, glad I held off on this one, will make a great (late)birthday present to myself [​IMG]

12. Scott-C

It's going to be interesting to track the sales figures for this DVD (if those figures are released for it). It's a pretty popular movie, released in a steller package. I would think it will do quite well, though probably not as well as some other DVDs that have been heavily advertised.

I know they'll have a bunch of sales from all of us (including me!).

13. Sean_J

Sean_J Well-Known Member

Hi-
    Nice review! I love your reviews. I would love to see a review for the new Speed 2 DVD (box set).

Nice job!

14. Sean_J

Sean_J Well-Known Member

(I tried replying but my reply doesn't show up let me try again)

Hi-
    Nice Review! I have always loved ur reviews. I would love to see one for the new Speed 2 (boxset) DVD.

15. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Well-Known Member

Neil Joseph
    I am looking forward to Speed for sound and video done right, plus some extras. Bring it on.

16. JoshB

JoshB Well-Known Member

Already ordered my copy, hope to get it in a few weeks. Now the wait starts.

17. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Yesterday, I received my copy of "Speed" and I just want to echo Ron's Review by saying this dvd has an outstanding video transfer and the DTS soundtrack sounded great. Listening to Sandra Bullock's archive interview was interesting due to it being filmed eight years ago, before she became a star and you could tell that she has a great sense of humor.

Crawdaddy

18. Dick White

Dick White Well-Known Member

Well, it looks like Dick "I'll never buy the same movie twice" White is about to violate principle once again. Ron, I don't know whether to thank you or put a curse on you [​IMG] .

19. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Well-Known Member

So, the Speed 5 star DVD IS in DTS? Clarify this on me please. The guy at the other video store I never been to, who is PRO OAR and PRO DTS, said he's gonna wait until SPEED comes out in DTS. If the 5 star IS in DTS, I'll let him know.

20. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Well-Known Member