What's new

DVD Review HTF Review: Spaceballs - 2 Disc Collector's Edition (1 Viewer)

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator
Which is why I never do that any more.

And I just realised, I should note that the single disc I compared it to was the R4 version. I have yet to directly compare it to the old R1. Just FYI.

Now I have a problem. Do I watch the older-and-not-as-nice transfer with better sound, or the new one with the nose gag fixed and generally better PQ but with average/crappy sound?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
What, specifically, are the problems you experienced with the sound on the new R1 release?

M.

RomanSohor

Second Unit

That almost looks like a Photomosaic. I was expecting that I could zoom in and see one of my family's vacation Photos on Col. Sander's nose :)

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
Am I the only one completely irritated by the fact that we have trailer tacked on before the menus on a so called special edition? I don't like this trend at all.

Put the damn things in the menus, and I'll watch them if I feel like it.

I LIKE trailer in the theatres, where they are current. But they do not belong at the begining of DVDs.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Terrible?? I thought the movie sounded surprisingly good! I had almost no complaints about the audio - for a movie from 1987, it has a solid soundtrack.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Surprising though, that unfortunately not keeping in the spirit of the film and it's "merchandising", the DVD was not called "Spaceballs: The DVD" (which we hadn't seen since the laserdisc went they way of the Do-Do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks