What's new

DVD Review HTF Review: Slider - Dual Dimension Edition (First and Second Seasons) (1 Viewer)

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
Im a fan of the series... but I REFUSE to buy this. Its just way to expensive. with the unpopularity of this show (come on.. its no seinfield) and the fact that there is 2 cheep features (i dont really mind that since I dont watch special features anyway unless thier deleted scenes or alternative endings or bloopers) but with so little the price should be HALF of what their asking. 74.96 CDN is just outrageuos.

I would like to pick this one up but I think Ill wait a good year probably untill the price is at least half of what it is now.

also I don't like buying seasoned sets and not owning the series. And I just don't know if I can bring myself to buy season 5 when its released.

season 5 is the only season i have not see all of and I think it completely ruined the series. season 3+4 people don't like cause the professer goes but I think kari wuhrer still made the series enjoyable. And in season 4 colin was a great addition I thought however and even with wade gone... it was still pretty good.

But with season 5 having Colin leave and Quinn most of all... just ruined the series for me. And that new Guy and girl were such bad actors in my opinion. I wish they never made a season 5... or at least not without the main Character.

cole_b

Agent
people don't like season 3 because half the episodes are crappy movie ripoffs. and because JRD left. I did like the Christmas episode they had that season (with DS9's Chase Masterson guest-starring), though.

I haven't seen much of the Sci-Fi era. I lost interest in the show once they quit exploring the alternate Earths idea and shifted the focus to the whole "Kromagg" thing. it's kind of absurd that they ended up with only one of the original cast, too. at least before, even if the episode stunk, you still had Jerry O'Connell to look at.

and back to the topic of this set, I plan to buy it, albeit on eBay. I'll be skipping the subsequent seasons, as I imagine quite a few others will be doing as well.

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator
I liked the 3rd season and parts of the 4th. Some of the episodes had some interesting storylines like the faceless janitors, the virtual world, the breeder, quinn seeing his earlier self, the huge FPS, and the chasm. the 5th season just sucked. The whole Malory storyline was just plain stupid.

Don Scott

Stunt Coordinator
tvtome.com
It's been leaked from Universal that the 3rd season of Sliders is set for release in early 2005. While a date (let alone any other information) hasn't come out yet, we'll be looking for other news down the line. While it's safe to say all the Fox broadcast shows will be coming out, it's still unknown as to whether or not the SciFi episodes will ever come out. There's still the question of whether or not SciFi will continue to air them in syndication for a while with no DVD release, or if it's even wirth their time to release them. **********

I hope season 4 is released, but I could care less about season 5. I have a feeling that they may combine seasons 4 & 5, to try and force season 5 on the fans. But that may be too big of a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks