What's new

HTF Review: Quantum Leap - The Complete First Season (Recommended) (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

Funny how minds work. You thought of her from B5 and I thought of her as Bill Haverchuck's mom in Freaks & Geeks. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And I would have thought of her from an A-Team episode and one of the Substitute sequels!

That website says that "Cold, Cold Heart" was actually performed by Hank Williams on the broadcast, so if it's not HW on the discs, I guess it was altered.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And I would have thought of her from an A-Team episode and one of the Substitute sequels!

That website says that "Cold, Cold Heart" was actually performed by Hank Williams on the broadcast, so if it's not HW on the discs, I guess it was altered.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Actually, from watching this episode, I would say the performance is close enough to Hank Williams that it isn't out of the realm of possibility that whoever compiled that list merely thought it was HW. It sounds pretty authentic to me--not meaning it's HW, I'll take Randy's word that it's not--but I mean it sounds pretty pretty authentic to the period. I don't think they rushed in some modern studio band and got the sound that perfectly. In my experience, replacement music always sounds a bit anachronistic and cheesy. This didn't. I don't know who it is, but I bet it's what was on the episode from the start. Actually, when I first heard Love Sick Blues playing here, I was thinking it might be Hank Snow. According to the AMG, he didn't record it.

Anyway, a thoroughly enjoyable episode. The bit at the end was as goofy as I remembered, though. :)

Rick P

Supporting Actor

two weeks after release that's not bad... the question is what was it's rank WHEN IT WAS UP FOR PRE-ORDER and DURING RELEASE WEEK.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
This is an excellent box set, raced through the discs and enjoyed it thoroughly.. Quantum Leap was always one of those shows that I found to be truly innovative.. different every week, simple stories, great acting.. it played to what I think is good sci-fi: interesting story first, effects/cool events second.. I really enjoyed the "Camikazi" episode.. as well as almost every one.. good to see some of those actors going way back in time as they looked then (Terri Hatcher, hello!)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
This is an excellent box set, raced through the discs and enjoyed it thoroughly.. Quantum Leap was always one of those shows that I found to be truly innovative.. different every week, simple stories, great acting.. it played to what I think is good sci-fi: interesting story first, effects/cool events second.. I really enjoyed the "Camikazi" episode.. as well as almost every one.. good to see some of those actors going way back in time as they looked then (Terri Hatcher, hello!)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl

Seems like a screw-up to me.
I just checked my old TV recording of Quantum Leap. Unfortunately, the beginning of the episode is missing so I can't say if the "Beckett narration" opening is supposed to be present or not (although the episode starts so abruptly on the DVD that I'm fairly convinced it is).
But I can definitely confirm that it's supposed to have the same season 1 opening credits as the previous episodes on the set, and not the one from a later season that is present.

Chris

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
I've read on a Quantum Leap messageboard that this was the way the episode was originally aired in the US.

They made 13 episodes for the first season but held back a few for season two - maybe they made the switch to the new opening one episode too early.

If you look closely at the opening you'll see that it only contains scenes from season one and the first few episodes of season two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks