What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Pulp Fiction" Collector's Edition (Highly Recommended)(with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Tom Oh

Second Unit
I got this and Jackie Brown last week. Street dates don't exist in HK, it's sold whenever the stores get it from the US supplier. Anyway I agree with everything Ron said. These discs are simply amazing. Extras are really fun and interesting. Film presentation is also top notch. Now, there is no director commentary. This is a good thing since Tarantino is hyper, stutters and have tendency to ramble on at high?! speed.

Enjoy the discs. These are my 2 favorites so far this year! Yes, Pearl Harbor was an excellent DVD, but it was not cool like the 2 Tarantino discs.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Pulp Fiction is definitely in my top 3 or all time if not number 1, can't wait to get my hands on this disc! Great review Ron, the rebate offer for owners of the old disc makes it even sweeter! This has probably been my most anticipated release of the year (besides LOTR of course), Aug 20 can't come soon enough.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
I just got the following message from DV-Depot, regarding the (Canadian) release date:
.....Sorry but I have been informed that Pulp Fiction will be delayed until September 3....
Just another two weeks I guess.....:angry: :angry:

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,
they probably need the extra time in Canada to finish the bilingual artwork that we all love so much.:angry:
Chris

MichaelAW

Second Unit
Great review of a great film. It's good to see Miramax not screw this one up, too. It gives me good feelings about the Three Colors trilogy. :emoji_thumbsup:

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
Great review, Ron.
Could anybody here compare the anamorphic R4 to this new R1? (The R4 has the deleted scenes and I don't care for the other extras too much; I would've liked a commentary, though).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I apologize for the inconsistency in my
review wheras I state that the transfer is
a notch above the old and then later cite
it as being a difference of night and day.

It took me 5 hours to put together that
review after watching the DVD. With
all the writing and referencing it becomes
easy to contradict yourself.

Fact is, this new transfer is a great improvement
over the old -- especially in the balance of colors
and absence of film grain and video noise.

Is it a notch above? Yes. Is it night and day?
Yeah, while a little excessively said -- why not.
It's an exceptionally better transfer.

Now, as for the other question....

The disc does have spanish subtitles.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad they have put such a great package together for such a great film. I needed the upgrade anyway because on my R4 copy it would freeze right at Capt. Koons' story. So I haven't been able to watch that scene for about a year now. Sounds like there is a good double feature coming up with Jackie Brown as well.

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Terrific review Ron. Your reviews are the only place we get to see the inside/out of the packaging. Very excited about this DVD & "Jackie Brown" :D Too bad about "Reservoir Dogs" :frowning:

Robert_V

Agent
Does anywhere in the new DVD mention or explain what the "golden light" is in the briefcase???

One of those mysteries I have never been able to get a firm answer on.

Thanks

DaveN

Grip
Wow, no one caught this one yet. The conversation regarding le Royale was in relation the quarter pounder as opposed to the Big Mac. 'Because of the metric system'

Check out the big brain on Dave!

Thanks for the great review Ron.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Sure sounds great!

Does anyone know if us Canucks are getting a horrible bilingual cover for this? If so, it might be time for me to start ordering disks from the US. *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks