What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Minority Report" (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) (1 Viewer)

JohnnyHK

Stunt Coordinator
Sean, are you running your RP91 progressive in the "U" settings or the "N"? If "U", be sure to set Edge Enhancement to -1 in those settings or you get loads of ringing.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
eric - out of those titles you mentioned, i only own Phantom Menace, but it drives me crazy on that dvd. Far more than Minority Report.

JohnnyHK - I watch 90% of my dvds in "N" mode, including this one. The only dvd's i use my own setting for are some older non 16:9 titles, for which I boost the gamma a bit as well as the color.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i think the only shots of the whole movie where the EE is in-your-face was both times Cruise puts his disc into the drive before he "scrubs the image". it's pretty much the same shot both times.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Johnny

When I watched MR, I had calibrated my SONY KP-65WV600 set temporarily with THX optimizer (AVIA next), and on a non progressive DVD player.

I have since upgraded to a Sony 715 progressive player but have not thrown on MR yet to see if there is any noticeable difference. These HD sets are all new to me and I am still learning to tweak the settings. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I am also using Monster component video cables, btw.

And IIRC, I didn't notice the EE all the time. I recall noticeing it immediately when we first meet the Colin Farrell character.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks