What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Man on Fire (1 Viewer)

ClaytonMG

Stunt Coordinator
No problem, but I am still trying to find the full trailer. So if anyone else knows where that might be, please let us know!

Clayton

RonR

Stunt Coordinator
The last Denzel flick I picked up on word of mouth was Training Day and I really liked it. I will give this one a spin also.

ClaytonMG

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome Craig, hopefully I get there early enough to get it. According to the ad I got, each store has a minimum of 50 discs... Unfortunately the closest Best Buy is full of morons so chances are I wont be able to get the disc anyway. Are the forced traielrs actual trailers? Or is it an actual montage of stuff?

Clayton

ClaytonMG

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, Just got back from Best Buy and the "theatrical trailer" is actually the teaser that's on Runaway Jury. I'm a wee bit dissapointed.

Clayton

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Rented it yesterday from the local store,I'll buy it tomorrow from BB for sure.Very good flick. I agree with your assesments of the film/disc, Michael.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
It actually turns out that the teaser trailer was the exact one I was hoping was on the bonus disc. It would have been ideal to have the full theatrical trailer, but the teaser is my favorite. It's such a perfect encapsulation of the first half of the movie that it works as a short film in and of itself.

For reference, here is the teaser and here is the trailer.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I watched it last night. In an early scene between Radha and Marc (the one where she takes off her blouse at the end), I got TERRIBLE color banding and artifacting. I panicked! I thought my player was going bad... But, it turns out I only get this problem on this one scene.

Anyone else notice this?

ClaytonMG

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't have the color banding, but i did notice artifacts in quite a few scenes, mostly in the background on red objects. The problem I have (and it's a pretty big problem) is that the disc freezes up but it only does it on my Sony player and only in one scene.

Clayton

Lyle_E

Stunt Coordinator
this one is a definate add-on got to watch it on the airplane a few weeks back and enjoyed it... been waiting for it to be released... now i have to go and get it.

Blu

Screenwriter
I thought it was a good movie but sometimes it was a bit too stylized for its own good. It really took me out of the movie at times and it was unecessary. Outside of that complaint, it was a good revenge movie!

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
I agree, I enjoyed the movie but the style was a little annoying at times.

I disagree with those who say the movie should be shorter. I thought the reason the movie was better than the average kidnapping/revenge film, was because they took the time to tell the story and develop the characters.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
I actually thought this movie was much better than I thought it would be. Kinda suprised for some reason. Performances were great, loved the story.

Keeper!

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Both wife and I liked the movie alot. Definetly not your average kidnapping style movie. As far as the way the movie was shot(jump cutting and zoomin in.out), I thought it wasn't as bad as The Bourne Supremacy which was just way too much. Definetly worth a purchase.

Kevin

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
CraigL, you of course saw my question in the other thread, but for Clayton (or any one else): any informed speculation, perhaps based upon past releases, as to whether the content of the Best Buy-exclusive disc will make it to the rumored future SE from Fox?

-p

CraigL

Screenwriter
I haven't heard anything concrete about these rumors. I haven't heard anyone from the movie talk about a special edition. The only guarantees are from people in this forum who claim to "know someone in the know." Take from that what you will but until then, I'm enjoying the 2 disc set that I paid $11 for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks