What's new

HTF REVIEW: LOST - Seaon Two - Unquestionably Recommended (1 Viewer)

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Oh, I definitely gave both seasons a 10. Season 2 had a lot to live up to after the first season and it easily did and managed to introduce new complexities and new players to the familiar characters. I found myself hating Michael all the more after watching this season especially the last three episodes, though. That anger hasn't changed over the summer with time and distance. :alien:

Janie111

Auditioning
Real Name
Janie
I found Season 2 'choppy' when compared to Season 1. I think that is why it was totally snubbed this year at the Emmys.
I'd give it a 8.5/10. There were a lot of moments when I yawned and looked at my watch. Of course, the show overall was still superb. The character development is in a class by itself.
POSSIBLE SPOILER FOLLOWS:

I found it ludicrous that Jack and his group would continue to follow Michael and be led into an ambush even AFTER they found out what he had done and had confronted him about it. Their goal was to meet up with Sayid on the beach when he gave a smoke signal so why follow Michael in any case?! That was just poor plot writing, imo. Hard to believe that they were so stupid.

Janie

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
In the writers/producers defense, Jack is not always the coolest head in Lost. Jack likes to view himself as a logical/problem solving medico, but he often acts out emotionally, especially when events challenge his 'view' of how things ought to be.

He's made a number of mistakes throughout both seasons, and does not often admit to them -- or appear to learn from them!

After Jack's life saving efforts in the openers, I used to feel he was the most admirable character in the cast...then, I started noticing his autocratic style of leadership and some of his other 'personal' problems that he's let effect his governance of the survivors.

I won't even go into to his relationship issues...

Having known a few hardheads like Jack, I did not find his determination to follow Michael into danger all that hard to believe... They're very similar "types" in a lot of ways. Once they get an idea in their heads they both follow it all the way, regardless of what it costs anyone else. As a father, I can sympathize with Michael, but his actions have not only cost his friends their freedom and lives, but his son's admiration -- in the long run.

Of course, it's things like this that make this show 'real' as well as really great television!

Arild

Supporting Actor
Hmmm... Looks like the subtitle fix I mentioned earlier is not the only "correction" made to the episodes when released on DVD. I personally didn't notice any of these changes, though.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wondered about Penny being in the picture. The only reason that it stuck out to me is that it seemed incredible that they cast a woman 8 or 9 months before shooting her scenes just so they could have her for a picture.

Besides the grammar correction, I don't think anything else in that thread was actually changed. Shots being 'lightened' or 'darkened' can depend on too many things to be proven that they were actually changed.

And I'll never believe that a car was in a shot of The Other 48 Days. They didn't spend hours setting up a shot and not notice a car sitting there. :)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
travis... screen cap? i gotta see it. car in lost! i bet the end of the series is them discovering JJ Abrams and Damon are filming them and Lost is just a TV show and they were just characters!!! whoa.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks