1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hardware Review HTF REVIEW: Logitech Revue with Google TV

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by blyke5, May 24, 2012.

1. blyke5

blyke5 New Member

I went from a WDTV Live Hub to a jailbroken Apple TV 2, and now currently own a Roku XD for all my streaming needs. As I'm a firm believer in trying out different products, today I decided to order a refurbished Logitech Revue off of Ebay for about $90.

2. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Well-Known Member

I like Logitech devices and I like the build of the Revue, is it still worth it to buy one or should I wait for the vizio Co-star?

3. John Dirk

John Dirk Well-Known Member

Dave. My humble opinion would be that you should ignore the Revue and consider a real HTPC. Not that the Revue isn't a well designed product When I owned mine I was thoroughly impressed with the things it actually could do, but the limitations far outweighed this. Since they are thoroughly documented in this thread, I won't rehash.

I'm sure the latest incarnation of the Revue is an even better product than what I experienced, but it will still have serious limitations, and since you can't upgrade it at will as you could a full blown HTPC, it is ultimately going to end up in your closet, or wherever you store your legacy devices.

4. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    It's an 18 month old product, discontinued by Logitech last November.

But if it does what you need, they're not that expensive.

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Well-Known Member

I'm using a Mac Mini with Plex, but since I know Plex should work on the Logitech i was asking abut it...