What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Enemy of the State (Extended Unrated) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (1 Viewer)

AlexNoir

Agent
I've always thought this movie was underrated...granted, it's the absolute worst offender of the "enhance!" satellite camera trickery and such, but it has a clever plot, excellent chase sequences, and strong lead acting from three talented thespians (yes, I like Will Smith...so sue me!).

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Another new bit is Hackman bugging Reynolds' house (swapping out the phone receiver). A little unrealistic IMO: that senior of a guy in the intelligence community would probably have his house staff follow a protocol regarding who gets admitted into the house and how.

Jack Black kinda got mildly screwed: several little character bits he delivered weren't in the theatrical (i.e., the "squeeze me" comment to Hicks and the "deep dish bush" comment about the nanny--LOL.)

I didn't like the addition of Hackman saying something to the effect of 'now you know how Pintero felt' after Will expresses misgivings about being able to watch Rep. Albert getting serviced by his aide Christa. Pintero was a convicted felon who probably was made aware--or ought to know--that he'd be surveiled by the feds to insure he was in compliance with the terms of his parole. One of his crew even acknowledges the FBI surveillance across the street earlier in the film.

Bizarre and trippy that Reynolds' (Jon Voight's character) birthdate is September 11.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Watched this last night ---- did anyone notice there are a few shots in the film that jitter slightly? Most notably early in the movie.....around the 2:00-3:00 mark, for example.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I kind of stopped my massive DVD buying now that there is HD/Blue-Ray, but after reading this I had to go out and buy it.

I haven't seen it in awhile, and I loved it, especially the longer version.

Looked great on my Samsung DLP TV, I didn't notice any jitters a t the begining, yet I wasn't looking for them

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks