What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Doom (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member

We tried to get final product from them too, but as of yet no sign of it, well after street date. Hard to figure Universal's publicity department.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the review Steve. Despite some the problems you faced with the screener and all, I still found useful information in your review. I was pretty sure I wasn't interested and your review confirmed that for me. It may not have been helpful for everyone, but at least one user found value there. :D

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I dont find this topic "hammering on steve" IN fact I foudn this topic very interesting. Its good to know what sites have wait review policy. I didn't realize that some sites for TV DVD's only watch a couple. This topic became bigger than a Doom review right from the start. I think its also good to know the reviewer and learn their styles.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Keep in mind that this is (unfortunately) not the day job for any of us here at the HTF. We also have very little control over when we receive screeners. It can be impossible to critically watch 23 1-hour episodes plus watch a couple of hours of extra features plus write something worthwhile in, say, a week. If it comes down to a choice between giving the readers an idea of the quality of a season set based on a few episodes or not telling them anything at all, we'll tell you what we can.

One thing I won't do is claim to have watched things that I haven't -- if I review a set without having seen the whole thing, which is something I hope to avoid in most cases, I will make that clear in my review.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Many TV on DVD reviews that I have done, I have tried to watch as many or all of the episodes of any TV on DVD sets. Sometimes reviewing of other titles does make that hard when you get so many of the titles you wanting to review show up around (or being released around) the same time. I do like it when I come across a show I haven't seen for a long while or haven't watched when it was first on TV.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I really have to take my hat off to those who do reviews, and don't make a living from it.

I have a hard enough time finding opportunities to watch the movies and TV on DVD I want to see, let alone watching stuff for review. Unless it was something like Lost or and HBo set that totally sucked me in, there's no way I'd be able to review a whole Tv set each week.

On the Doom review, to me it's kind of a moot point, because he didn't have a retail copy anyway when he skipped stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks