What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Disney Treasures - Tomorrow Land, ENTIRELY RECOMMENDED (1 Viewer)

Brad-blemansk

Auditioning
Just a heads up, this release is seeing much fewer numbers (105,000) compared to the rest of wave 3. It will have less than half of the numbers compared to On the Front Line. I think this will be a sleeper that ends up being rather hard to find soon. If you are interested in it, I'd hurry and pick it up because if you wait you may be shopping on Ebay for it.

Hopefully mine showed up today, it shipped along with the rest of Wave 3 on Monday from Amazon. Can't wait to crack these open!

Great review by the way, makes me want it even more. This from a guy who's favorite park at Disney World is Epcot!

guille verdun

Stunt Coordinator
yes:

I only had money for the other 3 DVDS, next week i'll be buying ''Tomorrowland'', to charge it in the ''june'' bill of mi credit card (may was brutal to my pocket) , but i'm extremely afraid that it will be sold out already.

Have a nice day... (''your order has shipped'' from Amazon...yes!!)

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator
David- You do the best reviews and sometimes call my attention to something I maybe would have passed on for now. Thanks for highlighting this one, I'm looking forward to picking this up...

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
This was the one box I was going to pass on, but thanks to your review, I picked it up.
Really looking forward to watching it.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I received mine from Amazon on Wednesday. My Tomorrowland set did not have the numbered COA in it, nor did it have the sticker on the front proclaiming it to be a limited edition. The three others all had these; this was the only one of the four that did not. Was this the case with everyone's?

Andrew Priest

Stunt Coordinator
While it's probably an indication of the oddity of my mind, one thing that really struck me while watching Man in Space was an explanation of how stable orbits work. In - the much later - film Wings of Honneamise there is an almost identical description. And what made me think of it instantly was the slightly odd approach that always stuck out to me in Honneamise. While it could have been coincidence, I wonder if perhaps the creators of Honneamise hadn't seen the original TV show and put it in there.

Anyway, a great set so far. I'm glad I decided to bite the bullet and pick it up right away. At least I had no difficulty finding them at the local Wal-Mart.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I just picked up this from Wal-Mart (North American DVD is taking forever... I'm not letting THESE slip out of my fingers)...

First of all, "Mars and Beyond" is weird and fantastic. The whole segment on Martian lifeforms is bizzare! The EPCOT film is possibly the best "pitch" I've ever seen. I'd love to live in a city like that!

By the way, there's an easter egg:

Where to find it:
On Disc 2, go to the Bonus Features menu. Highlight "Main Menu" and go to the left. This should highlight a red button on the background.

What it is:
It's a GE/'64 New York World's Fair short film with Walt Disney and the Sherman Bros.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
My sets came in yesterday, and I've only had a chance to watch 5 minutes of Tommorrowland but from what I saw it's great. Truely you'll be capitivated within the first 30 seconds! Walt Disney Treasure sets rock!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
My copy came in today. YAY! Excited.
Great review Ernest - did IGN have to edit it before publishing? (I'm still in awe of your full-length Front Lines review.)

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Andy did a terrific job putting the review together. I purposefully decided to keep things brief this tme out.

(I'm still in awe of your full-length Front Lines review.)

That comment is much appreciated.

guille verdun

Stunt Coordinator
Ward Kimball rules! best animations i have ever seen!! Mars and Beyond is a masterpiece like the other features.

Is amazing how in those days they could do such great and fun animations and today we are loaded with such poor and ''marketed'' stuffs.

And i t was a TV show! Not even a movie with alot of budget an all. Disney was and always will be on top of the animation world.

Have a nice day...

guille verdun

Stunt Coordinator
Ward Kimball rules! best animations i have ever seen!! Mars and Beyond is a masterpiece like the other features.

Is amazing how in those days they could do such great and fun animations and today we are loaded with such poor and ''marketed'' stuffs.

And i t was a TV show! Not even a movie with alot of budget an all. Disney was and always will be on top of the animation world.

Have a nice day...

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't born yet when Walt passed on so I've had to experience the output of his studio in a backward manner, starting with the films that were released to theaters during my childhood, to reruns of the MMC, to reruns of the television series, to tapes and finally DVDs of the older output. I have to say that the more I learn about the man and his library of accomplishments, the more I wish he had lived a little longer. I may not have agreed with his political views, but as an artist and visionary his work is astonishing.

My name is Brian, and I am a new Disneyholic.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't born yet when Walt passed on so I've had to experience the output of his studio in a backward manner, starting with the films that were released to theaters during my childhood, to reruns of the MMC, to reruns of the television series, to tapes and finally DVDs of the older output. I have to say that the more I learn about the man and his library of accomplishments, the more I wish he had lived a little longer. I may not have agreed with his political views, but as an artist and visionary his work is astonishing.

My name is Brian, and I am a new Disneyholic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks