What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Dexter: The First Season (1 Viewer)

Dustin James

Stunt Coordinator

A friend has read both books that are out and seen the tv series and tells me that his character was actually toned down for the show. And, she says, if the second series follows the second book, then his character is going to have a very interesting arc.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink

I read both of the books recently (finished up the second just last week) after enjoying the first season of Dexter. The adaptation is interesting in that the series actually follows the first book very closely up to a certain point, but then goes in a completely different direction around the halfway point.

I've read a description of the basic plot of season 2, and I'm somewhat disappointed to report that it does not follow the second book. On the other hand, the premise sounds intriguing in its own right, so I am excited to have a new Dexter adventure to look forward to and I'm curious to see what happens.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Yes, I have seen the thread. I totally agree with him. It's strange you can get such different video results from a alternate set up(Superman Returns standard dvd my other example) but it's very true. Dexter looks quite bad on my tv, but on my monitor it's the best looking standard dvd I have ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks