What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: "Deep Space Nine" Season One (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If anyone doubt's that I'm right, check out the little "cc" (closed captioned) that pops up when the ep starts
Is it possible they would use another source for this one episode, though, since it was the only one cut? Or, is it likely that footage no longer exists? I suppose it could also be more trouble than Paramount thinks it's worth to reinsert the footage.

JamesHromadka

Stunt Coordinator
The DS9 actors havent had a hard time getting gigs after it was over like some of the other trek actors. Siddig has been in a bunch of movies since then, same with Meaney who did movies while ds9 was on , Farrell was on becker, plus she does some modeling ,Nicole DB is on the Dead Zone, the ferengi trio did a show together for a while, the others went on to do theater, and a bunch of them also have written trek books which turned out pretty good. Not to forget Jefferey Combs keeps popping up on enterprise :)
Quark (Arminn Shimmermann (sic)) was the principal on Buffy. :)

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
I understand many of the TNG and DS9 cast have much experience acting on stage. Unfortunately this activity is not covered by the imdb. :frowning:

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
MattJ wrote (post #76):

How do we know "it was the only one cut". I wouldn't bet on that, if I were you. Of course, we're talking about deletions made only for time, that is, to fit the episode into the allowed commercial time slot, and/or for censorship reasons ("excessive violence", and the like), not "unusable footage" or bloopers or the like.

nicholas_g

Stunt Coordinator
I have seen the R2 UK packaging and they have changed it slightly from the TNG sets. It has a hard plastic outer case which is similar to the TNG one, but they have changed the inside digipack.

It looks like a small version of the R1 packaging where the DVD's are on plastic pages which the person can flip from one DVD to another.

Henry Colonna

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,

If you have a chance, dig out your set and watch "Progress." It's REALLY good.

Having said that, is there anything worse than "Move Along Home"??

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, on USENET, Robert Wolfe would bring up "The Passenger" whenever there was a discussion of worst Trek episodes. Considering he wrote it, that's pretty harsh.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I don't think you'll find any great genre show without some stinkers in the first season

Buffy- I Robot You Jane was especially poor for example, Highlander had "Bad Medicine",

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
The only bad episodes of Star Trek TOS season 1 I can think of are THE ALTERNATIVE FACTOR and CONSCIENCE OF THE KING.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You have to feel sorry for the actors for that whole hopscotch scene. You know they had to feel like complete and utter asses. I hope they got it in one take so they could move on and begin the healing process.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Oh, c'mon. The Empath, Alternative Factor, and Conscience Of The King are hardly the worst stinkers in the TOS lot.

Try these: And The Children Shall Lead, Catspaw, The Savage Curtain, Spock's Brain, The Way To Eden, and the final insult, Turnabout Intruder. Now THAT was some shit!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Oh, c'mon. The Empath, Alternative Factor, and Conscience Of The King are hardly the worst stinkers in the TOS lot.

Try these: And The Children Shall Lead, Catspaw, The Savage Curtain, Spock's Brain, The Way To Eden, and the final insult, Turnabout Intruder. Now THAT was some shit!
Re-read the prior post - it discussed "TOS" SEASON ONE episodes. None of the ones you mentioned came from that year...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks