What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: "Blade 2" (Highly Recommended) (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Respect taken, Ron. I posted my post before I saw yours, my man! You are right. I checked it out after I read your post.

Matt

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Blade was a fun movie, and I actually enjoyed Blade II even more, this is a must have and I can't wait till it comes out.

Excellent Review Ron, I did notice you have (Highly Recommended) here in the Thread title, but not on the home page. I actually expected to read a so-so review of the disc due to fact the link was only for Blade 2.

Brian

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I am sorry for how New Line has treated internet sites with Lord of the Rings. Wouldnt it have been easier if they sent just the first disc for review, or had a contractual agreement that online sites couldnt post screen grabs or in depth detail of the deluxe DVD or behind the scenes of Two Towers?
I anxiously look forward to your review of the Delux LOTR Ron, but am curious how you think the AUgust 6th release fares against Blade II, if you choose to watch it.
In any form, only a hair over a month for Blade II. Counting down the days...:)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Man! I had on my calendar 08-20 for this one. Now I have to wait 2 more weeks! I am so anxiously waiting to see this movie. I love the first one and did not get a chance to see the second one at the theaters.

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
Since having Blade, might as well include Blade II to make
it a double whammy for my HT system ! Great review Ron.:)

Ken Bentley

Second Unit
i will be picking this one up for sure. have not seen it yet. and i hear it was nto as good as the first. but not many movies beat the first part.

Martin_T

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Ron, fantastic review :D
I was already excited about getting this one of DVD, but your review has seriously added to my level of excitement!
I can not wait until next Tuesday :)

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Just picked up the Denon 1802 to replace my H/K avr55...so now I can watch Blade II in DTS!! Cannot wait!!

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Just watched this disc. The transfer is phenomenal! Why can't all DVD's look this good? The movie on the other hand...:thumbsdown:

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Hold the Phones!! The movie was :thumbsdown: ???
Come on! I have to put this on the "most entertaining movie of the year" list.
Everybody has an opinion I guess....
Hey Matt, how did you get it early? Got some connections, maybe some inside scoop perhaps;)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Let's just say I have a friend who works at a particular gigantic rental chain who always gets things in one to two weeks early.

I absolutely hated this movie when I saw it in theaters, but I thought maybe it would grow on me and I'd like it a little more when I watched it again. I couldn't have been more wrong. But everyone's got an opinion, I know a lot of people who love this flick to death.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Yeah...I used to work for said rental chain and rent movies a week or two before release date. At least my friends still work there. We are getting together this sat to watch the film on my Panny 47wx49 and in DTS-ES!
Cant wait. My other friend got to watch it at his place and said the bass in this film is downright frightening!

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Watched it last night, with a psuedo ex/es set up and talking about active soundtracks. I haven't heard the Dolby Digital version yet, but I tell you, the DTS on this baby is so clear. Ron wasn't kidding about the guts thrown like jelly, the seperation gives you the illusion that each piece of flesh fell on the floor in front of that speaker. EAch time a vampire is burned to ashes, the crackling of the burnt flesh and dropping all over is so crisp. At one point I thought some parts of the movie reminded me of Rice Krispies the snap, crackle, pop when you pour milk in for the first time.
Defintely reference material. Video was quite pristine even on a 32 inch Toshiba with all the lights on (I had my 4 month old daughter who wouldn't go to sleep). Over the weekend I'll do the Blade double feature with the proper lighting. Thanks Ron for the review and getting me excited and you were right. :emoji_thumbsup:

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Well I got to see it last night & was not as impressed with it as I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong it was a great movie but I think I liked the first blade more.
I just didn't like the way it started out, it just jumps right in never really taking over from the first, & that kinda threw me off. I do have to say that the picture & soundtrack & awesome on this one. this is probably one of the cleanest pictures I have seen yet.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I absolutely hated this movie when I saw it in theaters
Hmmm well there's no way I'll give a movie a second chance if I 'absolutely' hated it, I'm not that forgiving. I saw Blade II at the cinema and thought it was great fun, I knew exactly what to expect because I saw the first Blade many times and this was just as good, the action was 'bloody' superb.
I'm expecting my extras packed r1 dvd to arrive tomorrow, nice.:emoji_thumbsup:

ChristianW

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't actually seen the movie yet, but I've got the first one on DVD so I figured I'd add this one to the collection as well. After reading Ron's reveiw I can't wait for it to arrive. It shipped last week, so I should get it by the end of this week.
WooHoo!!!
:)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Wow! Quite a review. I liked the first movie but missed the second one in the theaters. I'll be checking this one out!

rodney wiley

Second Unit
:D An update to my earlier post, 6.99 from Best Buy should be here on Saturday!!!! I'll start off with Blade and then follow it up with Blade II. Wow isn't this HT thing awesome!! Kinda gives a warm fuzzy feeling :D

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Just finished watching Blade II. I saw it at the theater and I felt it was just as good as the original. After watching it again, I think it is just a tad better than the original. The DVD is spectacular. Reference video and sound. The DTS track is one of the best out there. I am going to try and get to the extras later on this week.

-Dean-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks