What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Back To The Future Trilogy" (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I also love Part 2. Not "more than Part 1", like you guys do. But I think it's a great film. Definately the too-much-ignored part of the series. Probably because it was more "brainy" than the other two.

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor
This is a no-brainer. A definite no-brainer. 3 highly entertaining movies (maybe the best trilogy ever) for a not-so-insane price, full of extras? Hey, gimme two!!!

I'm a bit sad about the transfer, especially when we have seen such *miracles* as the new remastered edition of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I might be alone in not caring about a DTS track, though - Dolby Digital always does it for me.

Has anyone noticed how this winter seems chock-full of great software to buy? Hey, I'm terribly happy!

Colin-H

Second Unit
Whoa, thanks for the great review, Ron. Great to see I will now be able to obtain yet another of the movies that framed my childhood. Well, actually three more, I guess.

Seth_S

Second Unit
Just some thoughts...

Universal scores high points for keeping the price low. They could have easily set the MSRP at something like $75. Personally I have little interesting in Parts II & III, but at only $40 it's a lot either to sallow having to buy them to get part one then it was with Godfather III.

As for the DTS track, I personally don't see the big deal. Bob Gale said that there was no distinguishable difference between the DD and DTS tracks, Ron sounds very impressed with the DD track, we're getting more extras, and it's not like the difference between DD and DTS is stereo vs. surround sound. However, I'm sure that the DTS diehards have already, or will order overseas versions of the trilogy that include DTS tracks.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
This dvd set is "My density, I mean-My Destiny" ;)
Don't throw the stones but I've never seen Part 3. And only saw Part 2 once....on tv! The original remains one of my all time top 10 movies ever though. Looking forward to this.

Jedrek

Stunt Coordinator
AWESOME review Ron! You've boosted my excitment even more!
This is how I rate each film:
1. BTTF - :star: :star: :star: :star:
2. BTTF 2 - :star: :star: :star: 1/2 (the film was great up till the climax, which I felt was a let down)
3. BTTF 3 - :star: :star: 1/2 (It was great in some parts, yet dragged in others)
Overall, each film is very enjoyable, and I will definately be buying this. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
ONCE AGAIN, thanks RON! :D

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
What a fantastic review Ron. You put alot of good work into it and I am quite pleased witht he way the whole set turned out.

I cant wait till I can watch my beloved BTTFII in widescreen and on DVD.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Wayne wrote:
As Marty would say, this is heavy.
And as Doc Brown in 1955 would say, "Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?"

Thanks a LOT Ron for that awesome review! I'll be standing in line early on the morning of December 17th to pick up this most fantastic DVD set.

Great review Ron! You almost talked me into buying the set but *gets ready to be flamed* the BTTF movies never did too much for me, and I can't justify spending $40 on movies I'll never watch.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Ron, let us know if you get around to listening to the commentaries and fact tracks and if they say anything about the recasting of the Jennifer character.

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
My most awaited DVD release besides the SE's of Day and Dawn of the Dead. This is one of the best DVD reviews, if not THE best DVD review ever written on the internet. Thanks for taking the time to do this Ron, I definitely appreciate it. This will be mine! :emoji_thumbsup: :)

Joel C

Screenwriter
Wonderful review, Ron. Really, I know how long it takes to write a detailed review, and you go into a lot of detail describing the bonus features and getting screen grabs. Thanks for your efforts.

I've ordered this already and I can't wait to get it.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Wow, and I thought your review on Fellowship EE was indepth. That was one of the best reviews I've ever read on any DVD anywhere. This baby is mine come December.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Damn.. Here I was all cool and thinking I can wait another month or so for this -- but one look at that picture of George McFly watching the Honeymooners absolutely killed me.

I can still hear the groans and curses in the theatre when Part 2 ended so abruptly!

Can't wait! Thanks Ron.

-paul

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Last night my wife asked me to make a list for Christmas. I told her the only thing on the list is to go to Best Buy on 12/17 to get this set. I told her I would be happy if she got me the set and nothing else. I just cannot wait to have a BTTF marathon.

I may even get a second one and put it in a time capsule and bury it in the backyward so someone can find it 100 years from now.

Seriously, I cnanot wait. Another great review Ron and I am glad Universal had a change of heart. I can make do with the transfer of 1. Funny thing is, we have come to expect so much from DVDs these days. Since seing it in the theater oh so many years ago I have seen it many times on TV in P&S crap. The widescreen will be revelation-like. And from the screen caps, 2 and 3 look stellar.

Bring it on.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: Jeff, I had the OPPOSITE reaction. I told my wife that this is NOT a holiday gift in any way, shape, or form! I told her that I will purchase this myself that morning, and that I will be watching it before the day is out. There is NO way I'll wait eight days to enjoy that sucker!!
In fact, with The Two Towers in theaters the next day, I am really torn about taking time off from work on the 17th or on the 18th. I'm not sure I can do both. Which is more important? Accompanying my wife, her mom, her sister and sister's boyfriend, her good friend and friend's husband, and possibly 3-4 other people to see the LotR sequel on opening day, like we've planned since the first one came out and we did much the same thing? Or having a BTTF marathon?
Darnit, I *hate* doing the right thing! I'd rather be selfish!!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Great Review Ron.

IMHO Part 2'd Detracters did'nt like the Darker tone of the 2nd part compared to the first. It's also why the producers lightened up considerably for the last movie. I like the 2nd part quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks