What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (1 Viewer)

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I have to tell you, I was on the fence about purchasing this. However, I'm sold now. I think I'm going to add it to my Christmas wish list.

BTW, I saw Shadow of a Doubt for the first time ever last week on TCM and thought it was wonderful!

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
Well I looked at my pocketbook and decided that I would buy this set. I debated for a while but actually it's a no brainer. I received the set this morning and have so far watched Rope having never seen that before. Not a bad start to a magnificient set. I was alittle disappointed in the packaging. Not the velour case but the overlapping discs in the case. I would have preferred them individually packaged. But still a beautiful set. I'll have many hours of pleasure watching these movies.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
PatW, some of us (including me) are customizing our sets using thinpak cases. The box will hold 14 cases comfortably, so the bonus disc will have to reside outside the box....

Personally, I couldn't stand leaving the discs in these horrible cases. These are Hitchcock films, for God's sake. Each deserves its own case, with its own cover art. I've now completed my custom covers for Saboteur, Shadow of a Doubt and Vertigo, and I'm very pleased with the results.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Can someone who designs thinpak cover art drop me a line? I could use those! (hopefully using original poster art...)

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Here's my take on 5 of the titles from the Masterpiece Collection. All the covers are inspired by the original poster art, but I tried a minimalist approach similar to the Hairy Lime covers. This is to conserve ink on my printer (covers with dark backgrounds come out soggy on my inkjet) and also because I don't have the Photoshop skills necessary to create covers with more intricate designs.

I am not sure if I will get around to doing all 14 covers because I don't have hi-res poster art for many of the titles. For now I transferred the DVDs to slim quad cases and I am planning to scan and print the covers from the Masterpiece Collection quad paks.

[Edited]Took down the links. I am working on updating the covers and they will be up later[/Edited]

-D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks