What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: A History of Violence (Highly Recommended) (1 Viewer)

I have to agree with Matt, in that such comments sound exceedingly strange considering the film maker. I recently enjoyed listening to the commentary on the DVD, and the director seems very much invested in the picture; to suggest that he simply "made it for the money" and was not otherwise committed to the effort seems utterly ridiculous.

Speaking of Matt, I happened to click on those links in your signature, and I couldn't help but notice your Star Wars collection; now take those poor action figures out of the boxes and play with them like a real man! I fondly recall sizzling the Luke from Empire figure under a magnifying glass on a hot summer's day in my driveway; good times, good times! Someone else met with a grizzly end when he accidentally set foot in the dreaded toaster chamber, but I digress. I think I'll have to pull a Seinfeld and stop by with a turkey and box of wine...

;-)

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
I rented this on DVD and watched it the other night and my initial reaction was, "That was good. Good, but not great."

Cut to a few days later, and I just can't get the friggin' movie out of my head. I think another viewing or two is going to push this squarely into the "great" category for me. It's just been growing on me and haunting my thoughts like you wouldn't believe.

Vincent

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

It started out pretty great for me, but it definitely got better as I was watching through the extras and writing my review. I'm anxious to watch it again, but I left the damn DVD on my desk at work :)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"I happened to click on those links in your signature, and I couldn't help but notice your Star Wars collection; now take those poor action figures out of the boxes and play with them like a real man! I fondly recall sizzling the Luke from Empire figure under a magnifying glass on a hot summer's day in my driveway; good times, good times! Someone else met with a grizzly end when he accidentally set foot in the dreaded toaster chamber, but I digress."

Coming from a guy named Christopher Lee:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks