What's new

HTF / Projector People Epson Thanksgiving Contest Winner Announced!!! (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
We have a winner! First of all thanks to everyone that entered the contest. We took 15 of the best entries, we couldn't decide on just one as they were all terrific in their own way, put them in a hat and drew a name out of the hat. And the winner is: Joe Caps Thanks to Projector People for having this contest in the first place and giving away the Epson projector. Again, thanks to everyone that entered. It really was fantastic to read all the entries and see the participation by everyone involved. Ron, Adam and Parker Projector People Huddler

mac1165

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Contreras
Ron, Adam, and Parker,

Thanks for the great Epson Projector contest and congratulations to Joe for actually winning. Just out of curiosity, would you mind posting the names of the Top 15? It would be interesting to see who made the final cut.

sharkus

Auditioning
Real Name
Marcus Kellerman
Congrats Joe. You better have some great stories over the upcoming weekend or those of us that lost might form a posse!

Originally Posted by mac1165

Ron, Adam, and Parker,

Thanks for the great Epson Projector contest and congratulations to Joe for actually winning. Just out of curiosity, would you mind posting the names of the Top 15? It would be interesting to see who made the final cut.

Better yet, any chance that Project People would offer a special 2nd place discount to the 14 unlucky folks that had a chance?

Real Name
Daniel Christensen
Yeah, it would be interesting to see who the top 15 were. Joe Caps entry was chosen because he was really in an accident and is very active on here. His post was far from the most creative or best written, it even had typos. It's just that he is known here. Sorry that might sound horrible but I mean there are many threads just about his accident. I don't deserve it most and I don't really care that I didn't win at all, I'm just pointing it out. But yeah, to see the top 15 would be interesting.

emerz219

Auditioning
Real Name
Evan
Interesting posts. Yikes. I don't know whether a Top 15 will be really healthy of a concept, but it might be nice. This isn't english class and there is no rubric, so all l can see it helping is making you feel better about your entry.

Happy Thanksgiving, Joe!

m4rk

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark Reardon
I used to live in Southern California. Because of a bad accident in which during the operations, I passed away three times and was brought back three times, My folks got rid of my California ap[artment, sold my car, took all my posessions and brought them back to my home town of Elmira, n. y. - all without my permission as I was in a coma at the time.

Because of this I am very poor. I was given a blu ray player for last Christmas but have nothing large to watch the picture on. to get away from all of the snow here and the depressing situation, my dream is to watch the new blu ray of Sound of Music being released this week on blu for the first time, and to watch it on this projector.

I'm don't mind losing but...this story was tied in the top 15 for most creative and well-written? I was kind of counting on the winning entry to be... exceptional and something that stands out from the rest, like Sharkus's story told from the old projector's perspective (that was my favorite!)

sharkus

Auditioning
Real Name
Marcus Kellerman
Originally Posted by m4rk

HTF Team and Projector People,

I also wanted to say thanks for the contest. Although I didn't win, it was still a lot of fun. I don't get an opportunity to do much creative/wacky writing. For the second time in 13 years my wife actually thought I was funny (most of the time she just thinks I'm a bit strange). I think this is a great approach for a big give away. There were some really strong and creative entries. I hope you do more of these sorts of contests in the future!

-Marcus

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I also collecto movie soundtrack cds from thegolden age of Film. Varese sarabande label has a film music club that announces limited edtions of soundtracks everythree months. Tonight at 3 am eastern is whenthey announce the new batch. I wnet to bed early, set my alarm for 2 in the morning.

Got up at 2, got on the net, checked my email and there is the email fromParker clack saying I had won. i am completely stunned !!!!!

Nothing like this has ever happened to me.

Joe

Corporate Dog

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Sanborn
Congrats, Joe!

Now, does HTF have a consolation prize somewhere in storage for the guy who's stationed in Iraqistan (sorry, I forget which) and who wants to be able to Skype his kids in hi-def?

Regards,

Corporate Dog

beastaudio

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
Originally Posted by Joe Caps

This is an odd question - Does ajnyone remember which projector I won?

Help.

Are you serious?!?!? I'd be happy to list the specs from memory right now but ill stick with the model number, epson 8700

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
As I said in my earlier post we had such great entries that we decided to put them all in a hat and draw from there. It was really the best way to handle this instead of trying to pick one over the other. We picked from the entries by: JaysonY dFraleyl Corporate Dog Joe Caps Marco Biscotti lexlynx Matthew A mac1165 Robert Siegel tripleD Brian W. Ralston DanChristensen Kristina Schoenhals Anderson sharkus Intensev5 Congratulations again to Joe for winning the projector.

DavePaq

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Paquette
Thanks for the opportunity to win my very first home theatre projector, and congratulations to the winner!

It was rather disappointing to read that the winner was picked out of a hat from 15 deserving entries. This sounds more like a raffle than a true contest, as advertised. The announcement stated that "the HTF judges will pick the most creative, best-written entry" to receive a brand new projector. In reality, that did not happen. Perhaps the ad for the contest should have included something like "Should there be a tie" or "Should the judges be unable to pick one winning entry, there will be a random drawing from the top entries." At least everyone who entered would have known how the winner would possibly be picked, and that would have made a difference. Thank you for letting me voice my opinion. By the way, I was not one of the finalists.

Real Name
Daniel Christensen
WHAT! I WAS one of the top 15! Wow! I never thought I would have been chosen. I thought my only hope would have been if they saw the creativity in what I was doing because I didn't think my post was that good. Must be that is what happened. I totally forgot that I had pictures here including my profile pic showing the "barn theater"

Now I really am left with a 1994 projector. Whaaaa!! If I buy a projector it really might be the same as the one here. Would winning it have included the warranty anyway?

Yeah I thought sharkus' entry was one of the best, if not the best when I read it. I thought for sure one's like that would be chosen over mine.

sharkus

Auditioning
Real Name
Marcus Kellerman
Hey Joe, did you get the projector setup for thanksgiving? How did it all work out (and look)?

sharkus

Auditioning
Real Name
Marcus Kellerman
Hmm. Still no update from Joe. I'm guessing there might have been some others that would have been a bit more excited about having a new projector around (myself included).

--Marcus

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks