What's new

HTF Movie Draft! Join in quick! (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Yup, I count one open spot left also.
I just realized something though...weekends aren't good for me either as I'm not online much. :frowning:

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Well, I guess I'm in. I didn't see that George had posted twice. :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Ok, we're all filled up! (Sorry Alex!)
Drafting order:
  1. Rain
  2. Justin S.
  3. Matt Stone
  4. Steeve Bergeron
  5. Evan Case
  6. Andrew_Sch
  7. John Rice
  8. Andy Olivera
  9. Elizabeth S.
  10. Matt Pelham
  11. Jan H.
  12. Brian Kissinger
  13. George Kaplan
  14. Rich Romero
  15. SteveGon
  16. Scott Weinberg[/list=1]
    I'd like to ask that the 15 participants 'subscribe' to this thread, so you can get your picks in as soon as possible.
    Let's have the players vote on the following options:
    1. How should the draft order go?
    A. 1-16, 1-16, 1-16, etc.
    B. 1-16, 16-1, 1-16, etc.
    C. 1-16, and then I randomly pick a number to see who starts the next round (repeating each new round).
    ---
    2. What kind of time limit should be utilized?
    A. 24 hours from prior player's choice
    B. 24 hours from player's own last choice.
    C. No time limit necessary; we'll all pay close attention to the game!
    ---
    Please vote on these two issues, and let's get started!
    Rain's up first! I pick last this round. PLEASE don't go out of turn!

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
#1. B. 1-16, 16-1, 1-16, etc.
#2. uhm....I don't know. I have a job, and might not be able to vote directly after whomever I'm supposed to. I can be here usually anytime in the evenings. If I had to pick, it would be 24 hrs. However, if I'm going to be a problem, feel free to replace me. I'll understand.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
No worries Brian. I was hoping for one post per day per person (give or take). It's doubtful I'll be hurrying the players.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm not sure the draft order is that big a deal. After the first round things will open up anyway, so I'm fine with either procedure.

As far as time, I think we will be fine so long as everyone tries to get in there as soon as possible. If it is 24 hours per person, the draft will take forever. I suggest everyone try to get a list together now so they can make their choice quickly.

Cary T

Screenwriter
Alas I didn't read this in time. I play fantasy football and baseball every year and doing this fantasy style is a great idea. Would love to join in Vol. 2

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Rain!

Rainman!

Raindrops keep fallin' from my head!

You're up to make your pick!

Cary T

Screenwriter
A suggestion to the rules. It has come to my awareness that someone can draft a film that's so highly regarded by the HTF members, it'll just about guarantee a win. There's only 2 (maybe 3) movies that win "best movie of all-time" tournaments everyone time. We all know which films those are. People drafting in the lower slots have a significant disadvantage once those 2 or 3 movies are gone. They might as well be playing for 2nd place.

My solution to this "problem" is to eliminate those movies from the draft. Everyone who is participating can agree on whatever the number of films to omit from the draft. Like these are the 3 films you can't draft. Now even the last person to pick still have a fair chance to compete.

This is just a suggestion. Disregard it if it's not to your satisfactory.

Cary T

Screenwriter
There is a way of including those "tournament winning" movies in the draft. The results of the match-ups must be judge in some kind of scoring system rather than winner moves on to next round that we're so used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks