What's new

DVD Review HTF Mini Review: Brazil (1 disc anamorphic reissue) (1 Viewer)

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
Is this movie worth a blind buy? I know it's been discussed here quite a bit and seems very popular but somehow I've never seen it.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'd say no. Brazil seems to be one of those films that you either love or hate. A rental might be in order if you're unsure.

Eric Carl

Stunt Coordinator
I must admit, although I bought the movie myself it is more for my friend.

I hope I can enjoy it, but if I don't, he will still have a copy, and in a few months, or years, I may watch it again and be amazed.

Maybe, it is one of those movies that deep afterthought is needed to fully understand/enjoy it, if it is...I hope it grows on me.

-Eric

Patrick H.

Second Unit
Bravo to Criterion for addressing the booklet issue...knew they would once the extent of the problem became clear. Just sent off my e-mail.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Gilliam's films are too idiosyncratic in their appeal for a blind purchase. Doug is right. Rent it first.

I wasn't even all that impressed with Brazil the first time I saw it (except for the fantasy sequences, which blew me away). I thought, "what was all the hub-bub about?" But I found myself oddly compelled to revisit the film. After seeing it a couple more times, I considered it a masterpiece, eminently worthy of the praise it had garnered.

--Jefferson Morris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks