1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HTF HD DVD Review: Cat People

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Sam Posten, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    [​IMG]

2. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Well-Known Member

Good review, Sam.
    I still haven't watched my copy all the way thru yet. But a cursory glance gave me a similar impression to the one you had.
    Like you, I saw this as a teen (underage I snuck into a theatrical showing), and it left a big impression then, that's diluted quite a bit over the years. I still dig the Moroder synth score (used to have the lp in the 80's, and then lucked out and found a new cassette for $1 a few years back.

I was very suprised how good this looked. I made the predicition that people were going to be complaining about this one, and I was very happily mistaken. If Universal used the delay to get an improved transfer, then it was worth it- although its troubling that a up to the minute transfer would still shows signs of EE.

Its a shame that Warner took the money and ran so soon, because these are the 'little' titles I love to see make it out. With the format inhibited as it is now- titles like this one are going to be the first to get axed from consideration in the future.

3. Craig S

Craig S Premium
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Thanks for the review, Sam. I have similar memories of this film from viewing it on cable in the eighties. Kinski was smokin' in this one.

Do either of you have an opinion on whether this is a worthwhile upgrade over the previously released SD DVD??

4. Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott Well-Known Member

very significant upgrade over the DVD.

5. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Never saw the DVD but I believe the extras are the same. If you are upgrading I'd look for a deal but wouldn't go for full fare unless this is truly a fave.