What's new

HTF HD DVD Review: Cat People (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
ronsreviews_covers_1203003.jpg">

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Good review, Sam.
I still haven't watched my copy all the way thru yet. But a cursory glance gave me a similar impression to the one you had.
Like you, I saw this as a teen (underage I snuck into a theatrical showing), and it left a big impression then, that's diluted quite a bit over the years. I still dig the Moroder synth score (used to have the lp in the 80's, and then lucked out and found a new cassette for $1 a few years back.

I was very suprised how good this looked. I made the predicition that people were going to be complaining about this one, and I was very happily mistaken. If Universal used the delay to get an improved transfer, then it was worth it- although its troubling that a up to the minute transfer would still shows signs of EE.

Its a shame that Warner took the money and ran so soon, because these are the 'little' titles I love to see make it out. With the format inhibited as it is now- titles like this one are going to be the first to get axed from consideration in the future.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Thanks for the review, Sam. I have similar memories of this film from viewing it on cable in the eighties. Kinski was smokin' in this one.

Do either of you have an opinion on whether this is a worthwhile upgrade over the previously released SD DVD??

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Never saw the DVD but I believe the extras are the same. If you are upgrading I'd look for a deal but wouldn't go for full fare unless this is truly a fave.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks