What's new

HTF Fantasy Football Thread (semi-official) (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I won my first game in my money league. Defense was the difference, plus my opponent had Favre at QB. We use individual defensive players, and I outscored my opponent by about 30 points there.

Unfortunately, Donald Driver is one of my starting receivers, and it looks like I will be missing him from the lineup this weekend against Detroit's horrible secondary. I'll probably replace him with Dwayne Bates vs. Chicago. Hopefully Ahman Green will get a lot of action due to the Pack's receiving injuries.

Oh, yes. Tony Dungy, let me introduce you to Edgerrin James. Now, give him the d*mn ball around the goal line!

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I managed to go 4-0 in my first week so I'm happy. :D I definitely didn't like what I saw of Tomlinson (only 13 carries???), Manning and McNabb though. My sleeper TE pick Alge Crumpler (have him in 3 leagues) paid off nicely.

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Scott, must not have been a good day for you. Phillys D could have pulled a game out for me, but laid a serious egg(of course, Tomlinson showing up would have also won me the game too:frowning:). That game between NE and Philly is a must win already(a must win? On the 2nd game of the season? This year is gonna be weird).

I play in 2 winners leagues this year, and lost in both....rather auspicious start. What do you think of these 2 teams? I THOUGHT they were pretty darn good-
Team 1
QBs-Green, Hasslebeck
RBs-Alexander, Barber, Gary, Onterrio smith
WRs-Burress,Gardner,Mason,Troy Brown,Reed(he's going bye-bye)
TE-Miller
K-Anderson
Def-Ravens

team 2
QBs-Maddox,Hasslebeck,Holcomb
RBs-Tomlinson,William Green,Moe Williams,Onterrio Smith
WRs-Moss,Koren Robinson,Mason
TE-Miller
K-Anderson
DEF-Titans, Eagles

Hope everyone did better than I this week......

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I'm feeling pretty smug, having drafted (and started) both Joey Harrington and Charles Rogers; Harrington tossed for four TDs, two of them to Rogers.

Of course, that was against Arizona. Next week the Lions travel to Lambeau.

Jon

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Well I won in 4 out of 5 leagues this week, including the HTF League, but I didn't spectacularly in any of them. Unfortunately, I've got Driver in every one of those leagues except the HTF league, but I've got pretty good fill-ins for him, so it's not a huge loss.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'm feeling pretty smug, having drafted (and started) both Joey Harrington and Charles Rogers; Harrington tossed for four TDs, two of them to Rogers.
Jon, don't let your being a Lions fan affect your judgement when it comes to fantasy football. Detroit's offense will be very inconsistent this year. After all, it was only Arizona they played Sunday.

My strategy is to avoid all Detroit players. We have three "Lions slappies" in our money league, and they usually draft Detroit players way too early. Before we were forced to start a defensive lineman (new for us this year), one guy would still draft Robert Porcher every year when there were probably 30 linebackers on the waiver wire with better fantasy point totals. :rolleyes

That being said, I do have Olandis Gary in another "fun" league. I got James Stewart as my 4th RB in the automatic draft, and picked up Gary to replace him when Stewart went down. It's the first Lion I've had on my roster in years. However, I also have Ricky Williams, Ahman Green and Charlie Garner in that league, so Gary will never be in my lineup (barring a disasterous run of injuries).

Justin_M

Agent
Hi everyone,
Does anybody know about how long it takes for a player to be added to Yahoo's list of available players from when they get signed? Packers just signed A. Freeman and I want to help out a friend and let him know when he is available to be picked up.

Thanks,
oxonce

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It's weekly waiver claim time in my money league. I'm going after, in order, (1) Boldin, (2) Jurevicius or (3) Freeman. I will be waiving Drew Bennett -- the only receiver I want to dump. I have the #7 waiver claim, so hopefully I will get one of the three. The guy with the #1 pick is taking Delhomme, since he has only McNab and Warner at QB (and Warner may never get his starting spot back).

Twelve team leagues are tough at waiver time. There's not much out there, except for defensive players and kickers. The only two starting QB's on the wire are Carr and Delhomme.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Jon, don't let your being a Lions fan affect your judgement when it comes to fantasy football.
I only started Harrington because my other QB is a guy named Vick. As for Charles Rogers, that's a gamble I never would have taken in a money league.

Just 'cause I like the Lions, that don't make me a dope! :D

Jon

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'm with you on that, Jon. I'm a big Lions fan, too, but I do not let that cloud my judgement in fantasy football.

With Donald Driver out this week, I need to replace him in my starting lineup. My choices are D'Wayne Bates (vs. Chicago), Ike Hilliard, Anthony Thomas or Joe Jurevicius. I think Bates vs. a very bad Bears team is the right play.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Would you pick Bledsoe vs. Jags or Hassleback vs. Cards?

I have a tough time going against Bedsoe, but it's the Cards for crying out loud! And I'm going up against McNabb this week, and I'm guessing he'll have a nice rebound week, like he always does, that jackass. Ahhh, I hate being an Eagles fan and going up against McNabb. I can only hope they win 14-0 with 2 def TDs.

I'd go with Bates too Scott.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Argh! 1-3 again. At least my victory was in the HTF league.

Donald Driver's absence was felt on my money league team, since Todd Pinkston didn't step up. I don't know what's wrong with the Eagles, but I suspect that it isn't something that can be fixed overnight.

Unless Shockey catches 220 yds, 4 TDs, then I'll be losing in the Hollywood Bitchslap League with what is currently the second highest point total for all teams in the league this week. Unfortunately I faced the points scoring leader for the week - Bledsoe, Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, and Vanderjagt. Randy Moss was the disappointment for me on that team. And Tomlinson still hasn't scored a touchdown.

My head to head contest with a coworker probably won't be close in scoring, but I'm sure I would have done better if it hadn't been for Holmgren benching Koren Robinson and NOT TELLING ANYONE! Thanks walrus. Thanks a bunch.

Even though I won in the HTF league, I'm still highly disappointed with the fantasy performance of Peyton Manning and William Green (and the rest of the Browns).

2-6 for the season so far. I hate fantasy football. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Brad

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Unless Shockey catches 220 yds, 4 TDs, then I'll be losing in the Hollywood Bitchslap League with what is currently the second highest point total for all teams in the league this week.
Sorry, Brad, but I hope that doesn't happen for my sake. I have a 30 point lead going into tonight, but my opponent has Kerry Collins and Shockey. I don't like Dallas, but I'll be pulling for their defense tonight. How about a 6-3 Giants win?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Well, first week of playoffs in the HTF League 1, and it's been a bit of an interesting week. All top 4 teams look to be getting knocked up by the "second tier" of teams...

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
All top 4 teams look to be getting knocked up by the "second tier" of teams
I'm glad I'm not in the playoffs. ;)

Terrible performance in the HTF league kept me out, yadda yadda. Lost in the HBS league too, to Scott. Go figure. I go from the #1 guy in the league to #3 then out in the first round o playoffs. Ya just gotta love having players that give up a few games early.

Also, why is it that in one year, there's owners that just don't pay attention anymore but the next year they're all "my team blah blah"? I know the answer - because their team is doing well - but it's funny to see some of the same people that just "didn't care about it" last year getting all exicted this year. See, with me I'm always in it, even this year when my team REALLY sucked. :D

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
John lost in the HBS league to a team that didn't even belong in the playoffs (6th place out of 8 teams), and the same thing might happen to me against the last place team if Jeff Wilkins plus 10 points can't outscore Isaac Bruce tonight. I suppose I shouldn't complain. If only four teams had made it into the playoffs then I would have been facing the 108 pt scoring Tyrants instead.

I squeaked into the playoffs in the HTF II league, even though I lost both of the last two weeks. My team is the weakest of the top four at this point, but anything can happen.

And my money league has been a complete disappointment (thanks Donald Driver - you suck). Right now I'm just praying for a good showing in the Toilet Bowl.

Brad

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I got knocked out of my other league last night because of a tackle made by T. Holt. We play defensive players and numbers and his tackle moved the guy behind me ahead by half a freaking point. B.S.

Brandon

BryanZ

Screenwriter
I'm glad to have Portis and Lewis in the HTF 2 league. :D Those two have gotten me very far. ;)

1st time around Goondock Saints got the best of me by 6.32 points. Who will win the second? All I can say is I hope he holds third place well. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks