What's new

HTF Fantasy Football Thread (semi-official) (1 Viewer)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Only if I can join yours...:laugh:

So each league has 12 teams right? Just wanting to verify this and make sure no one else sneaks in here..

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
We're at 11 in League II waiting for Jon_Are to consult his Private Messages and join up.

And I'll go out on a limb and claim that this year's Hall of Fame Game was the worst exhibition game ever. 6 points from the 42 year old guy and five turnovers before they mercifully shut the game down. I was hungry for any kind of pro football, but that game just sucked about an hour out of my life (fastforwarding with TiVo rules) that I want back with interest.

Brad

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Count me in, guys.

I haven't done this before, so I probably need some guidance.

Just let me know what I need to do.

Thanks,

Jon

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Didn't want to start a new thread for a FF question but its unrelated to the Home Theater Leagues but you guys are the resident "experts".

I'm assuming control of a team in a keeper league. Can keep either Marshall Faulk or Deuce McAllister. Which should I keep?

I pick 3rd overall also. I'm leaning toward Marshall cause I think if I keep Marshall, picking third I can still get Deuce if I want. If I keep Deuce, I think Marshall will go 1 or 2, just a hunch. By picking 3rd I should have a shot at one of these (these aren't being kept to my knowledge): Clinton Portis, Marshall or Deuce, Edge, Ahman Green

Then again, Marshall is injury prone of late.

Thoughts?

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Faulk has Orlando Pace back and Kyle Turley is now anchoring the right tackle spot instead of John St. Clair. These are both good things. They also face the Cardinals, Vikings, Browns, Seahawks, and Bengals in weeks 12-16. The only negative is that Faulk's high ankle sprain from last year may never be fully healed. I don't know if this will impact his cuts or his speed. Since so much of his production is in the passing game, Kurt Warner's status may also be an issue to investigate. Fortunately, Bulger is an excellent backup and Marshall should benefit in either case.

McAllister is speedy, elusive, has good hands, and is a major component of the offense. The Saints have had an unfortunate tendency to fade late in the season, and seeing that they will be facing the Bucs, Falcons, Eagles, Redskins, Bucs, Giants, and Jaguars in weeks 11-16, I don't see them doing much better down the stretch. Deuce should still produce quality fantasy stats.

I'd keep Faulk and target Portis, Deuce, or Edge at the third pick. One of them should be available. If you get Portis, you will be very solid at RB.

Brad

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I'm registered, team name Armed Forces.

Looking forward to draft day.

Thanks for the invite, Brad.

Jon

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Quick question:
I'm not in the Fantasy Football league here but I'm in a yahoo fantasy football league with a group of guys in which we have 12 teams and we pick from 1 to 12 then 12 back to 1. We have 11 rounds total with a free for all afterwards.

I'm picking first this year which poses a completely different set of issues that I wasn't prepared for. Who shall I take first?

I'm leaning on Ricky Williams but I'm not so sure =/ My issue will be in the 2nd round where 23 picks go by fast then I pick the last of the 2nd and the first of the 3rd. I'm afraid all the decent qb's will be gone by then =/

Any ideas? I was going to start a seperate thread but I feared it would have been closed but I hate for it to get lost in this HTF FFL.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
Shane,

I like Williams as a first overall pick. Last year I was in the same spot and was able to get McNabb with the last pick of the second round.

Todd

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Mcnabb and Favre went in the top 6 in our draft last year. Ours is crazy =/ I went with Miamis QB all year and he was pretty golden until he got hurt then I snagged Pennington who I doubt I will be able to see even at the bottom part of the 2nd round. I need to make this pick count.

ESPN says Tomlinson is a better pick but I just don't see it with their passing game the way it is. Miami doesn't have as such and Williams gets the ball seemingly more. Thats what I thinking but I prefer more opinions.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I'd take Ricky.. on the 23rd pick you should still be able to get a decent QB. Just look at the top 12 QBs and expect to get one of those. I'd make your 3rd selection an RB if there are any above-average stars left (I imagine Travis Henry might be still around for instance).

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Depends upon how many teams there are. In a 20 team league the pickings could be slim. Still can't believe a D went in the first round ...

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
If any of you guys are bored and have about fifteen or twenty minutes to kill, read over the league management rules I've been assembling recently. They can be found here. This is my attempt to capture the dynamics of free agency and salary caps into the fantasy game. There's no way I could get my current money league to try this, so I'm posting it here in case anyone is interested in the ideas.

Brad

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I'm sure this won't be the first of these kinds of posts.. but... RATE MY TEAM!! :)

Anyhow, I'm in a 12-team league with QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D. (Similar to HTF League II). Scoring is standard Yahoo with slightly more points for yards (15 per for rush/rec, 40 per for pass).

And my team:

QB: Daunte Culpepper
RB: Deuce McCallister
RB: Stephen Davis
WR: Rod Smith
WR: Jimmy Smith
WR: James Thrash
TE: Todd Heap
K: Olindo Mare
DEF: New England Patriots

Key Backups: Kevan Barlow, Travis Taylor

My biggest worry is Stephen Davis.. I was going to go RB, RB in the first two rounds then Daunte was still there in round 2 and I couldn't resist (RBs left included Ahman Green and Eddie George primarily).

For not picking receivers until round 5, 6, 7 I think I did okay.

I was pick #7 overall out of 12.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Doug - For a 12 team league, I think you did an excellent job! Stephen Davis is a bit of a question mark but if Carolina can get any kind of passing game going, he should have a very good year. I like your team! :emoji_thumbsup:

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I'm not the commish this year, but this is the reminder to members of HTF League 1: Draft is tonight, at 7:45pm Central time.

Don't let autodraft choose your team. You'll be sorry!

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah Joel. Draft is, like tonight or something. :D

I posted a reminder on the league bulletin board but some people miss those sometimes.

Yeah, autodraft is pretty bad especially if you don't pre-rank your players. I ended up with a decent draft in another league I got autodrated for. But it could always turn out like last year's draft where one guy missed it and recieved Pittsburgh's defense as his 2nd pick. :eek:

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Good draft last night, guys in HTF 1. Nice to see the usual strange autodraft picks, or at least, daft picks blamed on the autodraft ;)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of bad picks, let's talk about my draft. :D

Seriously, I had four different guys in my queue and right before my pick they went - 1,2,3,4. So here I am scrambling to pick another player and my time runs out; the $%^@# "autodraft" or whatever you want to call it gives me Candidate. Now, if I had simply got him a bit early (way early) in the 3rd round, that wouldn't be such a stickler. HOwever, getting him after I picked Garner as my 1st RB and then seeing that they both have the same friggin' bye week, now THAT's what really got me down. After that, I had to pick replacement RBs so that I would have SOME chance on that week. Reasoning is that some people were picking up ALL the RBs...that's about my biggest beef with that type of draft. Now, here I am picking up RBs where I should've been getting higher tier WRs..I basically was behind a round for the remainder of the draft. (picks 4-15 FYI)

I'm pretty much disgusted with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks