What's new

HTF Fantasy Football Thread (semi-official) (1 Viewer)

Todd Henry

Second Unit
I would also be interested in any openings. I had the best regular season record last year but lost in the playoffs. The August 10th date would be difficult for me.

Todd

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Fantasy Football Info

I've established Aug 12, 7:45 pm CDT Tuesday as the date/time for the draft. For those interested in signing up, just PM me (there should be an icon above this msg allowing you to do that) and I'll get you the league info & password. I'll then come back and list the people who are in the league. It's a twelve team league based on the default point system for all Yahoo leagues.

Thanks and good luck!

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
For those interested in signing up, just PM me (there should be an icon above this msg allowing you to do that) and I'll get you the league info & password.
So are you keeping last year's leagues or is it a free for all? Inquiring minds want to know.

Brad

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Brad, since several people aren't coming back from last year's league we've got to do away with the keeper thing. It wouldn't be fair to those new folks. So, free for all or first come first serve. ;)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I understand that the keepers are gone, but did you have confirmation that the the four remaining people in League I that haven't posted weren't going to participate at all?

With Phillip_T and Todd Henry joining in the fun in the past few posts, this brings the total number of people that actually have expressed an interest in playing (in the thread at least) to 21. There are seven participants from last year that haven't spoken up.

I'd hate to shut people out that were in it last year because they didn't join the thread 6 weeks before the regular season starts.

If you want to make it a free for all, perhaps it would be useful to create a distinction between the two leagues (perhaps the starting lineups or the scoring systems).

Brad

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Update:

HTF League I:
River City Bungles (Joel Mack) - Signed up
Tropical Robots (Mark Pfeiffer) - Signed up
Jackson Rednecks Orange Mound Pimpaz (John Spencer) - Signed up
Springfield Isotopes (John Thomas) - Signed up
AutoBahn (Brian Alexander) - Think he's gone
Tulsa machineXsoul (Kelley B) - Gave him the info
Calgary Hitmen RocketHouse Dwellers (Paul McGowan) - signed up
Chicago Carnage (Jerry Almeida)- Signed up
HellToupee (Stephen L) - Signed up
Irving Lewisville Claymores (BrianB) - signed up
Indy Jedi Knights (Seth Paxton) - signed up
SB Bound (BryanZ) - Dont think he's here anymore
J12P (Phillip T?) - signed up
Purple&Gold Machine (Andrew Sch) - signed up
Vaders Crusaders (Brandon T) - signed up

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I'll be back at it this year. But since we've moved to Memphis, I decided to do away with the Rednecks name.

I am now the proud owner of the Orange Mound Pimpaz

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
The Irving Claymores have moved too, and are now the Lewisville Claymores. Not much of a move, but it's enough :)

So yes, I've signed up for HTF I.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
AutoBahn (Brian Alexander) - Think he's gone
Yup. Couldn't find a post.

Looks like you'll fill up League I pretty quickly (if it isn't full already).

Here's my thoughts on League II:

League site: Yahoo! (unless someone knows a better free site)
Draft date and time: TBD
Draft type: randomized initial team order, standard serpentine method
# of teams: 12, split into three divisions by draft position (1,4,7,10 - 2,5,8,11 - 3,6,9,12)
Playoffs: 4 teams (3 division winners and 1 wild card), face off during weeks 15 and 16
# of spots on roster for each team: 16 (anybody want more or less than this?)
Trade deadline: 11/14/2003
Starting Lineup: either use the basic Yahoo league lineup or, use the following:
1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 WR/TE
2 RB/WR (flex positions)
1 TE
1 K
1 D/ST

You can run the wishbone (3 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE), the pro set (2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE), the run & shoot (1 RB, 4 WRs, 1 TE), or the 2 TE set (1 or 2 RBs, 2 or 3 WRs, 2 TEs). Could be interesting...

Scoring: (Fractional Points = Yes)
Passing TD: 4
Rushing/Receiving TD: 6
Passing Yds: 1 per 25 yds
Rushing/Receiving Yds: 1 per 10 yds
Passing/Rushing/Receiving 2 pt conversion: 2
Field Goal Made (0-39 yds): 3
Field Goal Made (40-49 yds): 4
Field Goal Made (50+ yds): 5
Extra Pt: 1
Field Goal Missed (0-29 yds): -3
Field Goal Missed (30-39 yds): -1
Field Goal Missed (40+ yds): 0
Fumble Lost: -2 to the fumbler, +2 to the defense
Interception: -2 to the QB, +2 to the defense
Return TD: 6
Sack: 1
Safety: 2
Blocked Kick: 2
0 pts allowed: 10
1-6 pts allowed: 7
7-13 pts allowed: 4
14-20 pts allowed: 1
21-27 pts allowed: 0
28-34 pts allowed: -1
35+ pts allowed: -4

Did I miss anything important?

Brad

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
of teams: 12, split into three divisions by draft position (1,4,7,10 - 2,5,8,11 - 3,6,9,12)
How do you create divisions in Yahoo leagues?

I bumped the number of teams in the league to 14. With 8 teams making the playoffs, the regular season means a bit more. (eliminates 6 teams vs 4) Plus, each team plays each other once since the playoffs start in week 14. Week 17 shouldn't be used in fantasy football because many of the studs get the week off because NFL playoffs have already been decided. It happened to me last year with Terrell Owens...grr.

I've tried to track down Stephen L from last year's league. Maybe I'm just not going about it the right way or something.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I've gone ahead and created a Yahoo! league. Those of you interested can sign up for

League name: HTF II - Electric Boogaloo
ID#: 188300
Password: oar

It's set for 12 teams.

The draft date and time is

Aug 15 (that's a Friday) 9:05 ET - 6:05 PT

Every evening draft time after this date is already reserved! That's insane!

Brad

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I've sent out PMs to everyone that indicated interest and to the three other participants in last year's league that hadn't visited the thread.

Join up! Criticize the lineups, scoring, or draft date. Brag about how great your team will be. But DO NOT TAUNT THE HAPPY FUN BALLERS! :D

Brad

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I'd love to join one of these leagues if there's room.

From what I understand, HT L 1 is for people that were here in years before and L2 is for anybody else wanting to join correct?

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Thomas, I'm probably going to stop registration in the league #1 at 12 owners. At first I thought 14 would be good since everyone plays each other just once but the talent pool looks to be even thinner this year. Last year, 12 was stretching it I believe. And right now we've got 12.

So I'm not greedy, Brad! :p)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
From what I understand, HT L 1 is for people that were here in years before and L2 is for anybody else wanting to join correct?
Not exactly.

League I is now full.

League II has five people signed up on the Yahoo league site. (Me, John Dhein, Justin Lane, two other guys I don't recognize by their Yahoo ID)

One person (David Lawson) returned the PM and I'll save him a spot.

That leaves six spots. I sent out PMs to everyone who had expressed an interest in this thread that hadn't already committed to League I. I expect that some of them won't see the PMs until they return to work tomorrow.

Here's the rest that I sent PMs to, I think two of them have already signed up (but I don't know which two).
Alex-C
Ross Williams
Chris
Doug R
Mark Dubbelboer
Brett Hancock
Dean DeMass
Danny R
Todd Henry

If all of them respond, then League II will fill up. Since three of them were just courtesy invites because they were in the league last year, I don't know if they actually want to participate.

So, long story short, there may be room. I'm one over the limit on the number of invites, but 2 under the limit on people that had already said they want to play. I'll let you know if we fill up in the next couple of days.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks