What's new

Interview HTF Exclusive Interview with Ron Smith - Vice President of Preservation & Restoration at Paramount P (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Great interview and I wait to see what is announced next, fingers crossed as someone else mentioned “Shane” and the possibility of Wings, forget day one purchase; that is a pre-order just waiting to happen. I just wish that they were able to get some, if not all of the Republic Titles back from Lionsgate, because I would love to see that attention to detail done on High Noon.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Surprised nothing was mentioned about "My Fair Lady" which I guess is the next classic to be released by Paramount. I hope they do some theater screenings like they did with "Breakfast At Tiffany's."

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
My Fair Lady is not a Paramount title, per se. It belongs to CBS.

RAH

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
"Scrooge", "Little Big Man" and "My Fair Lady" are all CBS owned - but good to know Paramount is releasing titles from the CBS libarary

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by GMpasqua /t/314925/htf-exclusive-interview-with-ron-smith-vice-president-of-preservation-restoration-at-paramount-pictures#post_3853769
"Scrooge", "Little Big Man" and "My Fair Lady" are all CBS owned - but good to know Paramount is releasing titles from the CBS libarary
So was BIG JAKE & RIO LOBO. Thank you CBS.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Robert Harris said:
My Fair Lady is not a Paramount title, per se. It belongs to CBS.

RAH
GMpasqua said:
Does that mean that since Viacom spun CBS off as a separate company that Preservation and Restoration at Paramount is not responsible for preparing films from the CBS library for blu ray release? I thought I read that CBS got the rights to Paramount's TV shows such as Star Trek but that Paramount was doing the blu ray prep for Star Trek The Next Generation. I assumed that it would be the same with the films. Are the CBS films more a situation like MGM and Fox, where Fox is just the distributor of MGM owned films?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Originally Posted by Garysb /t/314925/htf-exclusive-interview-with-ron-smith-vice-president-of-preservation-restoration-at-paramount-pictures#post_3853934
Does that mean that since Viacom spun CBS off as a separate company that Preservation and Restoration at Paramount is not responsible for preparing films from the CBS library for blu ray release? I thought I read that CBS got the rights to Paramount's TV shows such as Star Trek but that Paramount was doing the blu ray prep for Star Trek The Next Generation. I assumed that it would be the same with the films. Are the CBS films more a situation like MGM and Fox, where Fox is just the distributor of MGM owned films?
I see no connection between CBS and the Paramount staff.

RAH

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
John Hodson said:
Oh dear God, please let it be so.
I had the enormous pleasure of watching To Catch A Thief in HD a couple of times (once was not enough) recently; if any BD release replicates, or betters, the quality of the sublime transmitted version, we are in for a real treat.
How's does the aliasing on Grants striped jersey look on HD, is it gone? (the first part of the film were he escapes from the police), it goes mad on SD, quite hypnotic!

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's no longer on my PVR, and while I can't recall it being intrusive, I couldn't swear to it be being eradicated; what does stand out in the memory is the level of detail, the depth of the image, the breath-taking colour. When it comes round to be broadcast again, I'll check it out for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks