What's new

HTF DVD REVIEW: Weeds: Season Three - Recommended (1 Viewer)

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
ronsreviews_covers_1844789.jpg

Weeds
SEASON THREE

Studio: Lionsgate (Series airs on Showtime)
Original Broadcast: 2007
Length: 388 mins (Each episode runs roughly 28 mins)
Genre: Suburban Crime Dark Comedy

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
Color/B&W: Color

Audio:
English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX
English Dolby Digital 2.0

Subtitles: English, Spanish, Trivia Tracks
Rating: Unrated (Oh boy, let’s see, Drug sales, Drug use, Nudity, Sexuality, Language, Occasional Violence, the Kitchen Sink...)

Release Date: June 3, 2008

Rating:

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I thought season three was good...it felt like a series finale at the end but I assume we're getting a season four...

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Season Four debuts on Monday night on Showtime. I'm hearing that the show has hit the reset button in terms of its setting and characters outside of the Botwin family, but I don't know. I've also heard that "Little Boxes" will only be heard during the first episode and after that, new music and a new opening sequence will be heard. Some characters that have become familiar may not be seen this season.

David Allum

Stunt Coordinator

From Wikipedia:

"Showtime has confirmed a fourth season of Weeds, with at least 13 episodes. The fourth season is currently scheduled to debut on Monday, June 16, 2008. The plot of season 4 revolves around Nancy relocating her family (and her drug business) from her burned-down Agrestic neighborhood to the beach town of Ren Mar on the San Diego/Mexico border.

The first episode of this season entitled "Mother Thinks the Birds are After Her" is the last time "Little Boxes" will be used over the opening credits, after which it will be replaced by new credits and an unknown theme song.

From what we know, the show is taking a whole new direction. Showtime has guaranteed that the show will still contain the iconic dark humor that is loved by the fan base. However, the new setting will affect the coloring and overall atmosphere of the series.

Cast changes include the downgrade of characters played by Romany Malco and Tonye Patano since season one from regulars to guest stars, season three's Mary Kate Olsen and Matthew Modine; Season two introductory Kat portrayed by Zooey Deschanel, season three introductory Guillermo portrayed by Guillermo Diaz and new ensemble member Albert Brooks will join the cast for several season four episodes. Mexican actor Demián Bichir has been cast to play Esteban, the mayor of Tijuana and Nancy Botwin's love interest in season 4."

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Thanks David.

I saw the wikipedia listing, and there's also a Weeds wiki created by Showtime that has some of the same information now. (And that one allows you to watch two promos for the new season starting Monday.)

I wonder how they'll be able to keep the Agrestic side of the story going when the main thrust of the action is happening elsewhere. But we'll all see once they start to air.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I love this show and I hope that the reboot will serve the intended purpose. Perhaps it's better to shake up the show now instead of waiting until it's too late. I love the brilliant cast but I HATE that Conrad & Heylia will now no longer be regulars. I think this is a major blow to the show that they will have trouble getting around. I was hoping that Nancy would continue her "relationship" with Conrad and return from time to time to visit him so we could continue to see these characters including the oh, so polite Heylia.

For people who are new to this show I can't say that I recommend Season One since it's rather boring and it's plot turns often make no sense. The show really got started towards the end of that season when Nancy found out her boyfriend was a you-know-what.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

I disagree that s1 is boring I rented it originally from Netflix and I and the wife watched it in two nights. I have'nt seen all of three yet, but do wonder how long the show can go. Since Nancy's is getting around all her trouble you'd think she's stick with an honest career at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks