What's new

HTF DVD REVIEW: Weeds: Season Four - Recommended (1 Viewer)

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
ronsreviews_covers_14574010.jpg

Weeds
SEASON FOUR

Studio: Lionsgate (Series airs on Showtime)
Original Broadcast: 2008
Length: 362 mins (Each episode runs roughly 28 mins)
Genre: Suburban Crime Dark Comedy

Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
Color/B&W: Color

Audio:
English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX
English Dolby Digital 2.0

Subtitles: English, Spanish, Trivia Tracks
Rating: Unrated (Okay, let’s see, Drug sales, Drug use, Nudity, Sexuality, Language, Occasional Violence, the Kitchen Sink. You know, just like the last three seasons...)

Release Date: June 2, 2009

Rating:

Scott McAllister

Stunt Coordinator
Nice review Kevin! I've long been considering picking up some of the previous seasons of Weeds since I don't get Showtime. I'll have to put this season on the list as well.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Well, as a devoted fan of this show I'd like to be really clear and say that this season was utterly horrible! The change in locale was a true "jump the bong" moment. I have no idea what's happened to this show but everything that was great about it is absolutely gone. It's lost all of its quirky charm and unique dramatic twists and turns. This was a truly painful season to sit through.

Several important characters were dropped and took a lot of the show's quality with them. Nancy has gone from being one of the most interesting characters on television to being almost unwatchable. Her behavior during the season makes absolutely no sense and has less than nothing to do with helping her family.

Andy & Doug have lost all of their off-color charm and are wasted in a ridiculous storyline about both being in love with a woman they barely know. SNORE! Nancy's kids became far too brazenly sexual this season for no reason other than shock value. Sorry, Showtime that's not provocative it's just desparate and lazy. The breakout charater of Celia was utterly decimated this season through illogical, bizarre plot twists that went nowhere and made no sense. Why would she follow Nancy, who she hates ?
How about that big name guest star they got who then proceded to do absolutely nothing ?

Even if you're a huge, devoted fan I would not recommend this season at all for any reason. Weeds, unfortunately, seems to have gone to pot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks