What's new

HTF DVD Review: Walt Disney Treasures - Zorro: The Complete First Season and the Complete Second Sea (1 Viewer)

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
[COLOR= #0000ff]It might also have been an artistic decision. ZORRO has always had more than a touch of mysterioso, and to my eyes always played better in B&W than it would have in color.

Mike S.
[/COLOR]

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Also one of the other things to consider is that - what, Crockett had 6 one hour episodes? Zorro had something like 30 hours (give or take) . That's a significant cost increase to shoot in color.

But regardless of color or no - this show ROCKS! Great stunts, great action, pretty good acting and a suprising amount of depth to the story telling. I'm only just now getting to disc 3 of the first season - they just ousted Monastario - but I'm loving every moment! Pity they only did two seasons.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by Bob Gu

Disney sued ABC and later at some point, Disney bought out ABC's interest in Disney and Disneyland.
...and now Disney and ABC are the same company. Funny how thing work out. Wonder what Walt would have thought of that?

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
[COLOR= #3366ff]In an episode of THE NAKED TRUTH, Tea Leoni is assigned to do an article on cryogenics. Wandering around the lab, she stops in front of a tall tank and cracks to the (unseen by us) body inside, "Hey, guess what? Your company was just bought by ABC."

Mike S.
[/COLOR]

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
As much as i like Tyrone Power In Zorro- 1940 film Guy Williams is my fav actor to play him.I have both the b/w and colorized dvds sets of seasons 1 and 2 from disney.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Were both seasons colorized? I have a French release of S1 colorized, but I never came across any mention of a colorized S2.
Yes. Both were Disney Movie Club exclusives in the US.

It has yellow cases:
1698687430031.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks